DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

DNN-Connect Brainstorm: Azure scale up

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Growing Member

This topic is a follow up on the brainstorm session held at DNN-Connect 2023. For more info, check this blog post. This thread can be used for discussions and contacting the lead for the topic, and to keep the community posted on achievements.

Install experience

And last but not least: the installation experience. very little post-its, but a few high-prioritized ones:

This is he issue Rory James volunteered for:

• Azure scale-up

Veteran Member

What are we thinking we will be able to do to help with scaling in Azure? I don't recall what we discussed during the session. 🤔

New Around Here

I'm no expert on this, but scaling or Autoscale in Azure means that we might get into a kind of webfarm setting.
        So when Azure sees traffic/memory/processor load on the website is getting bigger, it might use autoscale.
        Meaning it makes a copy off the files and puts it on a different server (or more servers) so it can divide the traffic over multiple servers. And when the traffic decreases again Azure might scale back to a single server.
        So this will possibly cause issues if a user want's to upload a file to the server for example. Which would be uploaded to server A but will not be available on server B, C etc. And I also think it might causes issues with serverside cache, and perhaps on other levels as well...
        I believe ? Evoq has something built into it which might be helpfull for this.
        And there is also an Azure folder provide which might help with these situations....

Some reference info:
        https://dnnsupport.dnnsof...icrosoft-Azure 

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
        2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
        3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
        4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
        5. No Flaming or Trolling.
        6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
        7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
        8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved