DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Cache error on install

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Veteran Member

Posted By H Ross Mickelson on 3/18/2024 10:41 AM

David, I can't get your https://www.nvquicksite.com/ to download correctly in Win 11 even though I say it is safe. Any ideas here?

You'll probably want to supply a screenshot and/or any errors you're having.  Also, support for that tool is probably best requested in it's GitHub repository.  ;) 

However, download issues are very likely to not have anything to do with nvQuickSite (or any other downloadable file). Most often, it's something environmental.  

Advanced Member

Exactly what Will said! 😊

David Poindexter

Creator:

New Around Here

This is what you see, and then can never be able to use it download as it says 'Unconfirmed 799721.crdownload' What should I do next? I did send the message that it is trusted.

'Microsoft Defender SmartScreen couldn't verify if this file is safe because it isn't commonly downloaded. 

Make sure you trust the file you're downloading or its source before you open it.

Name: nvQuickSite_v2.3.3.0_Installer.msiPublisher: Unknown'

Advanced Member

Chrome will do some basic checks and then offload extra verifications of downloads to other systems like Microsoft Defender or other Anti-Virus installed. In Microsoft Defender, there should be some link or small button to "allow anyway" or something similar. Something like this https://learn.microsoft.c...?view=o365-worldwide

New Around Here

Actually, to fix this I just renamed the file in download with file name and the .msi extension, then your able to execute the file. Why they don't tell you this is strange. It appears to execute correctly, I will try it on the next install. Thanks for the suggestion.

You are not authorized to post a reply.
            Page 2 of 2 << < 12

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
            2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
            3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
            4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
            5. No Flaming or Trolling.
            6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
            7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
            8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved