DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

dnnConfirm fires on 2nd click

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Growing Member

...well, not always :)
    When logged in as an "ordinary" user it works fine, but when I log in with the host account it fires after 1st click (and then it works fine). 

In my module there's a radGrid with imagebuttons.
    The script is:
        jQuery(function () {
            Sys.Application.add_load(function () {
                jQuery(".confirmingGrid .DeleteButton")
                    .each(function () {
                        $(this).dnnConfirm({
                            text: "<%= DotNetNuke.UI.Utilities.ClientAPI.GetSafeJSString(LocalizeString(&quot;DeleteItem.Text&quot;)) %> '" + $("td:eq(2)", $(this).parents("tr")).text() + "'?",
                            yesText: "<%= DotNetNuke.UI.Utilities.ClientAPI.GetSafeJSString(LocalizeString(&quot;Yes.Text&quot;)) %>",
                            noText: "<%= DotNetNuke.UI.Utilities.ClientAPI.GetSafeJSString(LocalizeString(&quot;No.Text&quot;)) %>",
                            title: "<%= DotNetNuke.UI.Utilities.ClientAPI.GetSafeJSString(LocalizeString(&quot;Confirm.Text&quot;)) %>",
                            dialogClass: "dnnFormPopup",
                            isButton: true
                        });
                    });
            });
        });

In my codeBehind i have:
       JavaScript.RequestRegistration(CommonJs.DnnPlugins)
       DotNetNuke.Framework.jQuery.RequestDnnPluginsRegistration()
       ClientAPI.RegisterClientReference(Me.Page, ClientAPI.ClientNamespaceReferences.dnn)

Testing on DNN 9.2.

Any ideas?

Kristian Radolović
    Quality In Quality Out d.o.o.

Veteran Member

Hi Kristian,

I'm not a dev myself but I had a quick chat with Daniel Valadas and his answer was:
      "I don't have a great answer without much more time to test, but a couple notes.. DnnGrid is a wrapper around RadGrid that was deprecated many years ago and moved into the Dnn.Web.Deprecated.dll library to make sure people really know about it and should not be used. The good advice here would be to not use it and check if the problem still persists. My best guess is that something may fire up with the RadGrid javascript that intercepts the first click or some such..."

Is this any help?
      Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
      Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
      We just love DNN
      https://www.tjeps.com

Growing Member

Tycho, sadly it does not help - i'm not using DnnGrid, i'm using RadGrid itself.

As it works fine when an ordinary user logs in, my suspicion goes to the personaBar or javascript(s) loaded when host/admin user logs in.

Kristian Radolović
        Quality In Quality Out d.o.o.

New Around Here

It looks like you may be using a deprecated API endpoint to load the required DNN JS.  

Update your DNN JS reference from this:  

DotNetNuke.Framework.jQuery.RequestDnnPluginsRegistration();

To this:

using DotNetNuke.Framework.JavaScriptLibraries;
          JavaScript.RequestRegistration(CommonJs.DnnPlugins);

Will Strohl

Upendo Ventures Upendo Ventures
          DNN experts since 2003
          Official provider of the Hotcakes Commerce Cloud and SLA support
          You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
          2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
          3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
          4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
          5. No Flaming or Trolling.
          6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
          7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
          8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved