DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

How to put two instances of same (shared) module on the same Page?

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Advanced Member

How can I put two instances of the same Module on a single page? DNN doesn't seem to let me do this.

When I Add existing module to the page (which already has one instance on it), it removes the first instance.

Can you help me figure this out? Thanks

I hope everyone and their family is OK during this difficult time. Best wishes and health to all. Take care,

Tom

Veteran Member

Tom,

afaik this is not possible in the UI (and it would not make much sense in my eyes). Anyway, there is no unique index on ModuleID + TabID in the TabModules table, so it should be possible to do it in the database. But this could lead to a crash in future versions, even if it should work for now.

I would be interested in the use case of putting two instances of the same module on the same page.

Happy DNNing!
      Michael

Michael Tobisch
      DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
      DNN Connect

Veteran Member

Did you try to add it to another page and then move it to the target page?
        (I didn't try this TBH)

Veteran Member

Also, slightly off topic, I'm interested to know what your use case for this is?

Advanced Member

Thanks for your responses - Yes I tried moving it from another page as well, with the same result (the first one on the page would disappear when I add the second one)
            The reason I want to do this, is to have some html module content which can be updated by a user admin, and have the same html module content in a different pane of the layout, set to show in mobile (using media queries in css). Basically showing/hiding the content in a different place in the layout depending on whether being viewed in mobile (phone or tablet) or not. Without the user admin having to update the content in two different places.

Thanks
            Tom
            You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
            2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
            3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
            4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
            5. No Flaming or Trolling.
            6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
            7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
            8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved