DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

OpenForms and OpenContent

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Greetings,

I'm not completely new to DNN, but I have always relied on a help desk for any code issues or problems with module functionality. Now I'm running a site for which I have no continuity from the previous webmaster/developer, and I don't have the coding skills to decipher many problems I'm trying to solve. I have dozens of questions, but will start with this most pressing issue:

1. We use OpenForm and OpenContent to collect feedback from customers. Does anyone know where that data goes when they click submit? Is there not a way to have the submissions automatically emailed to someone? I can see the submissions in the module settings, but I have to manually cut and paste it and then email it. Not ideal.

2. Related to this, there is link inside the submissions settings that reads "download as Excel" but when I click it, nothing seems to happen. Here is the code for that button:
    Download as Excel
    I've looked at the server log, and it registers this error when I click that link:

2020-04-07 18:19:54,218 [RD00155D3256FC][Thread:27][ERROR] DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.Exceptions - ~/Default.aspx?tabid=79&error=Could+not+load+file+or+assembly+%27EPPlus%2c+Version%3d4.1.0.0%2c+Culture%3dneutral%2c+PublicKeyToken%3dea159fdaa78159a1%27+or+one+of+its+dependencies.+The+system+cannot+find+the+file+specified.
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'EPPlus, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ea159fdaa78159a1' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    File name: 'EPPlus, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ea159fdaa78159a1'
       at Satrabel.OpenContent.Components.ExcelUtils.CreateExcel(DataTable dataTable)
       at Satrabel.OpenForm.Edit.ExcelDownload_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
       at System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Thanks for any help you can provide, and as I mentioned, I will be adding more questions soon!

Matthew

Veteran Member

Matthew,

1. This could be helpful: https://openform.readme.io/docs/getting-started

2. I had the same problem once, and solved it by downloading the EPPlus project from https://github.com/JanKallman/EPPlus. I had to compile the project to get a dll, that I copied to the bin folder of the DNN site installation.

Hope that helps!

Happy DNNing!
      Michael

Michael Tobisch
      DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
      DNN Connect

Veteran Member

Veteran Member

Matthew,

better way: install Open Content as well, the assembly is included there. Or: Download the latest Open Content install package, extract it locally and copy the file EPPlus.dll into the bin folder of your web site.

Happy DNNing!
          Michael

Michael Tobisch
          DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
          DNN Connect
          You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
          2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
          3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
          4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
          5. No Flaming or Trolling.
          6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
          7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
          8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved