DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

New Page: FAQs

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Veteran Member

Hello Everyone! 

FYI - We just launched an FAQ page in the About DNN section of the website.  

There were a few primary goals:  

• Address many of the questions we find ourselves answering over and over again. 
    • Help to guide newer community members to places/answers they don't yet know how to find
    • Make it easier for business leaders and decisions makers to find answers to their evaluation questions
    • Make it easier for anyone else evaluating DNN to know the facts, faster 

https://dnncommunity.org/About-DNN/FAQs

Please feel free to take a look and offer any feedback you might have here.  Everything we do to improve the community helps to grow all of our respective businesses. 

Thanks in advance for your help! 

Growing Member

Thanks WIll,

This is a welcome addition.

Can I suggest moving "How can I report a security issue?" to be underneath "How secure is DNN CMS in terms of protecting my website from cyber threats?".
      Having reporting of security issues as the very first item in the Technical list does not inspire confidence - although it is important.

I am regularly asked "What training is available for users?" and "Are there videos on YouTube?". The users being mentioned are the content editors and managers of the site. Specifically, this is not training for installation on a server, or for the host admin, or for developers. They literally need instructions on how to place modules and content onto a DNN page.

Growing Member

while we're here, can someone look at the broken images on the DNN Showcase page please?

Veteran Member

Thanks for your feedback, James.  

I had no idea about the showcase having broken images.  I went ahead and disabled those sites from showing, until their respective owner(s) update the listing to include a new image.  Apparently, these images were deleted some time ago.  

DEAR READER:  If you're one of the people whose site appears to no longer list, all you need to do is go back in and update the record.  Once you do, just reply here and I'll re-enable it.  :) 

I updated the order of the security questions.  This feature is brand-new, and I literally threw it together real quick.  So, updates are likely going to be seen here.  

I've also added those other two questions.  Great stuff... Thanks again!  

Advanced Member

Thanks Will! This is something will certainly make things easier and time saver for a lot of folks! Awesome

Ing. Marco Alvarado Gómez MSc | Globalode
            Phone. +506 6049-1880 | WhatsApp. +506 6049-1880 | Email. [email protected]
            Address. Costa Rica (A Pura Vida place!).
            You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
            2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
            3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
            4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
            5. No Flaming or Trolling.
            6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
            7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
            8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved