DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

dnn 9.2.2 error Cant create user Duplicate Username

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

i cannot add a new user and some users try to login and get the ..

Error:

Login process failed!

Can't create user, error code: DuplicateUserName

i have completed the actions in this post with no help.

https://dnnsupport.dnnsof...sts-for-the-username

any ideas?

Veteran Member

Posted By Michael Hamlett on 22 Jul 2019 10:36 AM

Error:

Login process failed!

any ideas?

If you have multiple portals, then it can be that a Username already esists in one of the other portals and you get this error.
      (unless you fill out all the details exacly the same, in that case the same user can exists for two portals)

Also when you switch(ed) to using the email address as the Username, you need to make sure beforehand that there are no duplicate Email addresses.

Veteran Member

Michael,

could you please describe the environment a bit? There are different reasons why this can happen, but in all cases, a user with that username already exists.

When you have two or more portals in the same DNN installation, this might be a bit confusing, as users are "global", and assigned to the relevant portal(s). If that is the case, try to register with the same username and password that you have already registered in another portal of the installation.

Otherwise: Did you try to request a password reset link? Or - could it be by any chance that someone else has taken the username already?

Happy DNNing!
        Michael

Michael Tobisch
        DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
        DNN Connect

Veteran Member

Posted By Michael Hamlett on 22 Jul 2019 10:36 AM

Error:

Login process failed!

any ideas?

Hmmm...  When you say it didn't help, what happened?  What did you try and what was the result?  That specific error message about the username already existing in the database is usually pretty accurate.  :) 

Advanced Member

You could try running

Select * from {databaseOwner}{objectQualifier}Users

In the SQL console to help a bit in troubleshooting.
            You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
            2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
            3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
            4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
            5. No Flaming or Trolling.
            6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
            7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
            8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved