DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

DNN CEO

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Advanced Member

Is Andy Tryba still the CEO of DNN? I noticed he (also) started Ionic Partners recently.
    Who's in lead of the DNN Corporation now?

And how about Evoq? Does Andy donate Evoq to the Community as well?

Veteran Member

AFAIK Andy Tryba is still CEO of DNN corp. But he is CEO of a lot of companies within ESW capital. It is his philosophy that you can get a membership for all software within the ESW portoflio. Like a Netflix subscription.
      So, adding another company on the list is within that strategy.

This in fact answers your second question as well. I don't expect ESW to donate Evoq. That said, as DNN platform evolved quite a bit over time, you may conclude that the functionality offered is pretty much in line.
      1. Form builder: there are several great options to use on platform like Action Form, Live Forms, Open Content and Mobius (2SIC)
      2. Liquid content: I think that using the API leverages must of the use cases. Or rephrased: I have yet to witness a customer that uses liquid content in a way that could not be done with 'normal content'
      3. gamification: recently Mandeeps stepped up his game with forums, knowdledge base etc and added gamification.
      4. Sharepoint connector: Glanton has a great solution for this

So, Evoq offers a product for customers who want either a total package instead of adding extensions from various vendors or feel more at ease when backed by a formal company.
      Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
      Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
      We just love DNN
      https://www.tjeps.com

Advanced Member

Do you know how many employees work for the DNN Corp now?
        Is Evoq still in progress/development?

I agree you can build pretty much the same functionality with the free DNN platform version and some third party modules

Veteran Member

It's my understanding that Andy Tryba is no longer associated with ESW and with DNN Corp. DNN Corp is owned by ESW.

DNN Corp primarily has the Evop product line. It is built on top of the DNN Platform.

The DNN Platform is an open source project. The intellectual rights to DNN Platform are owned by the .NET Foundation. The development of the DNN Platform is much like the development of any open source project. The "DNN Community" which also runs the dnncommunity.org website manages the project. This is a somewhat organized group of people who contribute in many different ways. The "real" control is determined by who has access to the DNN GitHub repository, and who is authorized to make changes, manage pull requests, and releases.
          Joe Craig
          DNN MVP
          Patapsco Research Group

Veteran Member

As I understand there is a number of employees providing support and development for the entire portfolio of ESW. I have no figure of what that means in (wo)man hours per week. I know the ESW has provided (wo)man power for development/bug fixing for platform and I assume they will leverage those efforts to Evoq as well. I have no knowledge of an Evoq roadmap so those kind of questions should be addressed to Chad (pre sales DNN Corp), for instance.
            Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
            We just love DNN

Veteran Member

Posted By Joe Craig on 10 Sep 2020 10:23 AM
              It's my understanding that Andy Tryba is no longer associated with ESW and with DNN Corp. DNN Corp is owned by ESW.

DNN Corp primarily has the Evop product line. It is built on top of the DNN Platform.

The DNN Platform is an open source project. The intellectual rights to DNN Platform are owned by the .NET Foundation. The development of the DNN Platform is much like the development of any open source project. The "DNN Community" which also runs the dnncommunity.org website manages the project. This is a somewhat organized group of people who contribute in many different ways. The "real" control is determined by who has access to the DNN GitHub repository, and who is authorized to make changes, manage pull requests, and releases.

Totally missed this one...thanks for the heads up!

Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
              We just love DNN

Veteran Member

It was quite easy to miss. It hasn't, to my knowledge, been announced. Someone noticed that he updated his LinkedIn profile, I think. I just looked and it doesn't even mention ESW.
                Joe Craig
                DNN MVP
                Patapsco Research Group

Growing Member

Just to further confirm what is mentioned here.  Andy Tryba is no longer involved in any manner with ESW/DNN Corporation.

There is a replacement filling that role currently, but it is not publicly announced who that person is.  I'm sure that some future will announce it.

The Evoq product line will continue to be a proprietary solution of DNN Software.

Mitchel Sellers
                  Technology Advisory Group Leader
                  CEO @ IowaComputerGurus, Inc. a DNN & .NET Solutions Provider
                  Technical Blog: MitchelSellers.com
                  You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                  2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                  3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                  4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                  5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                  6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                  7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                  8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved