DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

What is the best module to export/create RSS feed?

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

I'd like to create a RSS feed (on a page) on my website that takes (parts of) query string as input. Which module is best suited? The XML module?

(The content is coming from a table in the DNN database.)

Veteran Member

Hi Gerard,

RSS is mostly offered on news pages. And most news modules already have an RSS feed.
      If you want to do more custom work, I would take a look at Sharp scheduler (DNN Sharp). This module allows you to create a con job that fires a number of actions. In your case : pull data from database, create a file.
      Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
      Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
      We just love DNN
      https://www.tjeps.com

New Around Here

Hi Tycho,

Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated.
        I had a look at DNN Sharp('s) scheduler. Do you know if it allows to export / serve the data from a database as an RSS feed? I can't find it on the website of DNN Sharp.

Do you know by any chance if there are standard DNN modules I could accomplish this with?

Veteran Member

Someone suggested to me that the DNN XML module, DNN XML module used for displaying XML transformations on your DNN site, might work for you. The module is available at https://github.com/DNNCommunity/DNN.XML. It seems to be somewhat inactive (could be because it's mature and works). I've not located any documentation on how to use the module, so you might try installing it and seeing what you can fing.
          Joe Craig
          DNN MVP
          Patapsco Research Group
          You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
          2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
          3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
          4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
          5. No Flaming or Trolling.
          6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
          7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
          8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved