DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Getting HTML module to work with latest version of Telerik

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

We have our own contract with Telerik and keep the versions up to date (our current version being 2020.1.219.45). 

We have tried to change the htmlEditor defaultProvider in the Web.config from DNNConnect.CKE to TelerikEditorProvider. However this is resulting in the following error:

Message:The EnablePartialRendering property cannot be changed after the Init event.

StackTrace:

InnerMessage:The EnablePartialRendering property cannot be changed after the Init event.

InnerStackTrace:

at System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.set_EnablePartialRendering(Boolean value)
       at DotNetNuke.UI.Modules.ModuleHost.LoadUpdatePanel()
       at System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls()
       at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Is this because we are using the latest version of Telerik and if so is there any way of getting the HTML editor working with the latest version of Telerik?

Thanks,

Veteran Member

I think that the answer is "not easily."

You would have to create an new version of the HTML Editor Provider for the new version of Telerik. You probably can do this starting from the existing (old) one.
      Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

Thanks Joe, thought that may be the case.

I have got hold of the source, found the HTML module, updated the Telerik references in all projects to the version we are using (2020.1.219.45) and still getting an error saying it is looking for version 2011.1.519.35. I have searched the entire solution, web.config and database for this version number without success. All dlls in the solution are the newer version. Any ideas where this version could be coming from?

New Around Here

The problem appears to be in  TelerikEditorProvider.EditorProvider..ctor() which is not in the 9.6.1 source solution. If I could get hold of this I could up the version. Anyone any ideas?

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2011.1.519.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

at DotNetNuke.HtmlEditor.TelerikEditorProvider.EditorProvider..ctor()

Veteran Member

Posted By Cmis on 23 Jul 2020 04:12 AM

The problem appears to be in  TelerikEditorProvider.EditorProvider..ctor() which is not in the 9.6.1 source solution. If I could get hold of this I could up the version. Anyone any ideas?

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2011.1.519.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

at DotNetNuke.HtmlEditor.TelerikEditorProvider.EditorProvider..ctor()

DNN used the RAD editor before, AFAIK.
            AFAIR DNN was shipped with a telerik editor provider in DNN5, that was replaced by RAD in DNN 6 and RAD was part of DNN until DNN 8 and remvovd because of security issues in the editor.

Veteran Member

So just te be clear, nothing of the Telerik or RAD Editor should be included in a default DNN9 installation for security reasons.
              If you want to use telerik editor I think you better build it from scratch and not just use the DNN 5 version and replace the dll.
              That Editor code is really old and might contain other security issues than just the ones in the Telerik dll.

New Around Here

Hi Timo, I thought that may be the case. Thanks for taking the time to reply. Appreciate it.
                You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved