DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Action Forms Basic Help

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>

Veteran Member

Posted By Justin15 on 07 Sep 2020 06:14 PM

Was able to change the font color in the dropdown by: Style Wizard->Theme->Open Action->Edit Style->Fonts->Content->Color

I guess you're using the EDN Style editor. This module was designed to work with other EDN modules and themes. For other themes, it can  work but some features may be missing. Now, for compatibility with Action Form...never tried that.
    There is an old video https://www.youtube.com/w...Mx9KF1T-uE that explains about styling. This explains about adding css using the ActionForm UI and about adding to the module instead of a single field. I find myself often pullling the classes from Chrome and adding the styling in the theme.

Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
    Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
    We just love DNN
    https://www.tjeps.com

Growing Member

You can also place your classes in a static text box right on the form. I like doing that because the form and the formatting is all in one place and makes the form easy to copy from one website to another.

New Around Here

Hey guys thanks for getting me further on getting action forms to work for me. I have run into the next issue I can not figure out. i've tried everything in these settings with no luck. I believe I'm going about this the wrong way. Under the submit button I added the update role action. It requires a role identifier which is something i would like explained a bit more when using multiple choice roles. It will work when I put true under auto assign (not pictured) but forces DNN to turn on auto assign for that role for any one that signs up no matter what role they picked, I would say that works correctly just not for my application.

New Around Here

screenshot of the form module being connected to the form that the multiple choice selection is on. (same form)

New Around Here

I found this Load users from SQL, no luck on using this either. I'm either super close or way off here.

Veteran Member

Not sure what you're trying to accomplish but I guess something lilke:
              - Choose your role
              - If this role does not exist yet, create a role of your liking

If that's the case, I'd go with

1. a registration form that asks for the role (SELECT Rolename FROM)
              2. activate the 'other' option in the dropdown
              3. OnClick actions
                1. If Role != other assign Role
                2. If Role ==other create Role (SQL statement)
                3.  User registration including Role
              Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
              Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
              We just love DNN
              https://www.tjeps.com

Growing Member

Are you trying to assign the role to the user? Or are you trying to change something about the Role?

New Around Here

Trying to have the new user pick there role with the multiple choice menu discussed earlier. Once they pick there role and filled out the other login info it adds them to the role so I can control how they can use modules via permissions.

Growing Member

OK, you can do that. Just disable or delete that "Update Role" action and create a "Grant User Role" action.
                    Add Action / User / Grant User Role.
                    Change the "Role" to Expression and enter the token for the fieldname for the role chooser (PickYourRole)

New Around Here

Mark, still no luck the Grand User Role but is the right action for sure!  Having a hard time with getting the token to work. I tried: Checking Auto box for the (PickYourRole) ID copying Default ID, manually setting an ID, and copying field ID as token then entering it into the Role expression in Grant User Role action. I do not have My Tokens Module from DNNSharp yet, would this cause the token not to work? If I enter a Role name from the dropbox of roles it will work just not when using the expressions.

You are not authorized to post a reply.
                      Page 2 of 3 << < 123 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved