DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

xcillion footer does not display content

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Growing Member

using dnn 9.8, xcillion theme home page, and html module.

the xcillion theme home page has 4 footer panes at the bottom of the page which appear as black in my browser. i added an html module instance to the first pane. when i exit edit mode, the content does not render. more specifically, the module title, which displays in other sections of the page, does not display in the footer. the prompt text also does not display. nothing displays. is there a way to cause html modules to render/display on the xcillion home page?

Growing Member

apparently one must actually add some content such as typing for it to work in the footer as expected. it behaves differently in non-footer panes and i switched themes so am not positive if the same applies to xcillion, but the second theme had the same original behavioral problems. editing the content - rather than accepting the pre-filled value - fixed the problem

Veteran Member

The four content panes in the footer of the standard skin files in the Xcillion theme have black background color, I think. So, if you add a a module with no content, you'll see no content on a black background.
        Joe Craig
        DNN MVP
        Patapsco Research Group

Veteran Member

Posted By tony bonn on 03 Jan 2021 03:15 PM

apparently one must actually add some content such as typing for it to work in the footer as expected. it behaves differently in non-footer panes and i switched themes so am not positive if the same applies to xcillion, but the second theme had the same original behavioral problems. editing the content - rather than accepting the pre-filled value - fixed the problem

Sorry, but you are incorrect. The HTML module never shows any content unless it has been edited in any Theme or any Pane.
          There's nothing special about the panes in either Xcillion or it's footer

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
          2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
          3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
          4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
          5. No Flaming or Trolling.
          6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
          7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
          8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved