DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Site Assets Does Not Load

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Growing Member

When navigating to Site Assets, the browser fails with the following:

This page isn’t working

www.mydomain.com redirected you too many times.

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

I cleared the cache which did not help. i have no idea how to create redirects or edit admin pages. i would love to have my site assets page back.

i am using dnn 9.8.1

Growing Member

i think that the issue was with HSTS. i disabled it by breaking it and cleared cache - the pages previously not loading from Admin are now loading. so these pages are probably not setup for ssl somehow. i have enabled/enforced it for the site. any way, at least i have mit site assets page back

PS - HSTS was indeed the culprit. the too many redirects message was the browser trying to find an ssl connection for 2 admin pages which were not so enabled. the solution was to disable hsts, navigate to the pages without ssl enabled, enable ssl, re-enable hsts. the pages now work with hsts.

New Around Here

Thanks for this post. I had 3 portals that were failing to load Site Assets. Somehow only those portals had SSL turned off for their Site Asset pages. 

As you indicated, I turned off SSL Enforced in Security, went to the page (which now loaded) and turned on SSL. Went back and turned on SSL enforced and all is ok. Just out of curiosity, I checked and all the Global Asset pages already had SSL turned on.

There was no rhyme or reason to why these particular portals didn't have SSL turned on. I did check the database and no other management pages have SSL on. But none of them are rendered on an actual page. They are all handled within the Persona Bar.

I'm going to guess that when I updated the Resource Manager something went wrong and these few sites Asset pages were not setup correctly.

Anyways, thanks again for the post.

Veteran Member

Posted By Bob S. on 20 Feb 2022 09:01 AM

Thanks for this post. I had 3 portals that were failing to load Site Assets. Somehow only those portals had SSL turned off for their Site Asset pages. 

As you indicated, I turned off SSL Enforced in Security, went to the page (which now loaded) and turned on SSL. Went back and turned on SSL enforced and all is ok. Just out of curiosity, I checked and all the Global Asset pages already had SSL turned on.

There was no rhyme or reason to why these particular portals didn't have SSL turned on. I did check the database and no other management pages have SSL on. But none of them are rendered on an actual page. They are all handled within the Persona Bar.

I'm going to guess that when I updated the Resource Manager something went wrong and these few sites Asset pages were not setup correctly.

Anyways, thanks again for the post.

THB, I think forcing SSL is better done using a IIS redirect rule (if you have that kind of access) than in DNN.
          https://www.ssl.com/how-t...with-windows-iis-10/

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
          2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
          3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
          4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
          5. No Flaming or Trolling.
          6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
          7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
          8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved