DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

DNNConnect.CKE Not Loading

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

We've been using DNN since version 7 for our sites. We are currently running 9.8.1 successfully.

Somewhere along the line, I installed CKEditor as a module to set up as the default HTML editor. It has been working well for years. (Currently CKEditor  Config Manager and Provider Versions 2.1.27).

The desire to change is driven by SpellCheck (which is being phased out at the end of this month). SCAYT has not ever worked since installing CKEditor on our DNN sites many versions ago.

I like the editor and it is much better integrated into the DNN system now, so I wanted to change over to the DNNConnect.CKE that is included with 9.8.1. My hope is that it will work even smoother and that the SCAYT would work with a clean install.

When I choose DNNConnect.CKE as the default HTML provider, no editor opens on any page that uses it.

When I switch back to CKHtmlEditorProvider, it gives me an error message:
    The current HTML Editor Provider is not supported by this version of the HTML Editor Manager.
    This editor works, though, with the broken SCAYT and phasing-out SpellCheck.

I've verified that the DNNConnect.CKE directory is on the server with (hopefully) all the right files and directories under it.
    Now I'm stuck.
    Should I be checking configuration files somewhere?
    Anything else I should be checking?
    Any help would be appreciated

Veteran Member

Some suggestions

1. Make a good copy - database and files directory - of your website.
      2. Use the copy to create a development site
      3. In the development site
      - delete all of the existing editor providers using the Extensions manager
      - get a copy of the CKE Editor provider from the DNN Install package that corresponds to your DNN version.
      - install it

If that works, do the same thing on your production site. If it doesn't work, you have a separate site that you can use for troubleshooting.

Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

Ok. I do have a question about this statement

- get a copy of the CKE Editor provider from the DNN Install package that corresponds to your DNN version.

Does this exist as an extension/installer package for an integrated feature like this? (9.8.1 has CKEditor "integrated" now.)
        If so, where would I look for such a file?
        If not, are you talking about using Forge somehow? (This is outside my knowledge/experience. I would need to learn.)

Thanks so much for your response/help.

Veteran Member

The DNN Platform is hosted on GitHub. Packages related to the various release are at https://github.com/dnnsof...nn.Platform/releases and you'll need to scroll down to your DNN version.

Typically, the files are interest are the xxxx_Install.Zip and xxxx_Update.Zip.

Download the install file and unzip it. You will find the CKEditor provider in the \Install\Provider folder. For DNN 9.1.1 you will see DNNConnect.CKEditorProvider_09.09.01_Install.zip. Install that as you would install any other extension.
          Joe Craig
          DNN MVP
          Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

Excellent. Thank you! This helps a lot.
            It may be a week or so before I can set up a clone/backup set up for testing, but I'll let you know how it goes.
            Thanks again!

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
            2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
            3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
            4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
            5. No Flaming or Trolling.
            6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
            7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
            8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved