DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

'Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe' error on test website after installing Action Form module

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Advanced Member

Hi  - Running DNN 9.6.1 on our intranet test website, I just attempted to install Action Form 5.12.10 there.

The site went down, the error is:

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Does anyone know how to fix this error and why it occurred?

Thanks

-Tom

Veteran Member

Tom,

maybethis is an issue because you removed Telerik dependencies, but use a modue that is dependent of these - please contact the Action Form vendor to resolve this problem (or simply upgrade tothe latest version of the module)

Happy DNNing!
      Michael

Michael Tobisch
      DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
      DNN Connect

Advanced Member

Thanks Michael -

I am working with DnnSharp supprt on this (and following their suggested upgrade path), and they have given a couple of solution options (matching the version of 'Sytem.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe' to the corresponding .dll, or just removing the whole tag from the web.config), which I'm working through to see what the best option is.'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe' 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe' 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe'

I don't think I removed any Telerik Dependencies which caused this - the site was running fine on DNN 9.6.1 before I upgraded the Action Form Module.

Anything else I need to know about theTelerik dependencies? Do you think there is any problem with simply removing the tag below? (which is triggering the error):

Thanks very much!

Tom

Veteran Member

If the site runs after removing the tag, you should be fine.
          Joe Craig
          DNN MVP
          Patapsco Research Group

Advanced Member

Thanks again Joe, I commented out the bindingRedirect tag, and the site is running now.

-Tom

Advanced Member

I spoke with DNNSharp (makers of ActionForm) It turns out that a test custom module on the site was looking for a different version of the System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe.dll, than what the newer versions of Action Form require. So I was able to remove that test module and the dll, and the website is working now.
              You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
              2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
              3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
              4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
              5. No Flaming or Trolling.
              6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
              7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
              8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved