DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Editing Database - Page Management Issue

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Hello! I previously created several redirect URLs to go from our old website, hosted on DNN Platform, to our new website (not hosted by DNN). I created the redirects manually. I am a SuperUser. Whenever I click the Page Management icon (see link below). I'm automatically redirected to our new website. I can't even get to the list of pages to update the redirect links. We are using version 8.0.4.

https://drive.google.com/...tKF/view?usp=sharing

Any guidance on how to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Growing Member

In SQL Console, do you see an entry when you run this?

select * FROM Tabs where TabName='Pages'

If so, is there anything in a "Url" column?

New Around Here

Yes, the URL that appears is https://www.lhps.org, which is the URL I entered as a redirect originally.

Growing Member

Try running

update Tabs set Url='' where TabName='Pages'

Then clear cache and restart the application

Growing Member

You may also need

update Tabs set PermanentRedirect=0 where TabName='Pages'

New Around Here

Hi James! I tried running these queries, clearing the browser cache, and quitting the browser; but I'm still running into the same issue. Do I need to put in a URL in this query, update Tabs set Url='' where TabName='Pages'? I haven't worked in SQL before, so please forgive my ignorance.

Growing Member

I suspect that by restart, James meant restart the website application at the server.  it will clear out any data from the database that was cached.  Until you do that it (likely) won't realize that you changed the database under its feet.

For this, I doubt that clearing the browser cache will have any effect.

Thanks,
                Richard
                www.dynamisys.co.uk

Growing Member

The entry for url should be an empty string, so two single quotes with nothing between is correct for this.

Growing Member

Yes, restart the website application at the server, for that reason.

New Around Here

Thank you, James and Richard! We restarted the application at the server and the Page Management button now works. I appreciate your help!
                      You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved