DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Email Template File .oft

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

We have been using DNN since version v2.0 for our internal Intranet and just upgraded from v4.5 to v9.2.
    some of the links we have are to .oft files (Outlook email templates) but since moving to v9.2 they nolonger work. I have search the fourm and found nothing. Does anyone know of a way I can make this work, I really dont want to go back to v4.5

Thank you

RZ90208

Veteran Member

I'm not sure how to be of help here. Because the way of linking (a href= etc) has not changed, that's pretty much how internet works :-)

So, you need 3 things:
      1. a link
      2. a file
      3. a computer that associates the oft extension with Outlook.

What might spoil things is if you are not linking to a file but to a file in a database. So, a linkclick that points to a file. And if somehow the lickclickID has changed or the ID. Another thing that might happen is if the folder structure in the file manager has changed and therefore the link is no longer valid.

If you get a 404, you just miss a file on the expected location. Either way, I don't see how it could be an upgrade issue.
      Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
      Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
      We just love DNN
      https://www.tjeps.com

New Around Here

First Thank you for your quick response!

You are correct in that I am getting a DNN 404 - file or directory not found error page, 

(Names are changed to protect the innocent!)
        http://Documents/Security..._OffageDocs/UBON.oft
        If I edit the URL to read a different file in the same directory such as
        http://Documents/Security...Docs/CCProcedure.pdf
        This page renders fine.
        On the old version, when you click on the link, the template would open in outlook.
        I should explain that when I say upgrade, I sould say New Install as I built up a new Server 2019, built the site and then copied the content (documents folder) over. 

I should add that if I browse to the folder using \\serverName\c$\folderPath\
        and then double click on the file it does open in outlook.

Link Type: Portal file or other url
        Protocol: <other>
        Not sure what to try next.

New Around Here

Update:
          I went into IIS and added a mime type .oft application/ms-outlook
          The file does not auto launch but does download and i can manually launch it.
          Getting closer. At least I know the issue is with iis not DNN.

Veteran Member

Sounds like there were multiple changes/upgrades. Makes solving issues sometimes more difficult.
            If the oft will download but not auto launch, that sounds like a OS / laptop thingy. A bit like whether a pdf is a download or opens up a new tab in the browser.
            Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
            Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
            We just love DNN
            https://www.tjeps.com
            You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
            2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
            3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
            4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
            5. No Flaming or Trolling.
            6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
            7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
            8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved