DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Where is the forum for the DNN Core Blog Module?

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Where is the forum for the DNN Core Blog Module?

Advanced Member

Allen, Im not sure if there's an specific blog but you can look into GitHub https://github.com/DNNCommunity/DNN.Blog
      Ing. Marco Alvarado Gómez MSc | Globalode
      Phone. +506 6049-1880 | WhatsApp. +506 6049-1880 | Email. [email protected]
      Address. Costa Rica (A Pura Vida place!).

Veteran Member

Marco is correct.  All extensions that don't ship with DNN itself don't have a forum here.  Instead, you'll want to use the Discussion feature in Github for the specific extension, if it exists.  If not, you'll use the Issues feature.  In this case, the blog module only uses Issues.  A direct link to that is below.  

https://github.com/DNNCommunity/DNN.Blog/issues

New Around Here

Thanks for the info and the link, but there used to be fourm. Why the change?

Veteran Member

It doesn't make sense to include a separate forum for every open-source extension out there on this website.  They already have multiple free discussion options available on GitHub. 

They were never removed, by the way.  You might find them on the DNN Corp website, but no one is really using that website anymore for community communications.  

Like with everything else, things like this get forced to evolve, and not always in ways that everyone wants.  Hopefully, the next phase of growth will bring with it changes that you're happier with.  :)  

New Around Here

Blog module is or at leat was a "core" module. You are arguing semantcs when the need still exisists, a sure way to discourage use of DNN. Espescailly to those of us who have been using it from the beginning, 2003 in my case and tehcnically before as IBuySpy.

Veteran Member

Posted By Allen Hall on 10/27/2022 8:50 AM

Blog module is or at leat was a "core" module. You are arguing semantcs when the need still exisists, a sure way to discourage use of DNN. Espescailly to those of us who have been using it from the beginning, 2003 in my case and tehcnically before as IBuySpy.

I'm sorry you're not happy with there not being a forum for the Blog module. The concept of a core module hasn't been around since about DNN 5.1. 

I'm not arguing at all.  I don't appreciate you trying to cause an argument when I'm simply trying to answer your question.  I hope you find what you're looking for.  

New Around Here

Yes you are, you tried to strawman this discussion by saying "It doesn't make sense to include a separate forum for every open-source extension out there on this website." When you knew that was not what I was suggesting/expecting. Obviously, it would make sense to continue the “core” module forums here, regardless of what they are considered now as to make the DNN Community Forum more useful not less.

Veteran Member

I'm sorry you feel that way. Good luck! :) 

New Around Here

Feeling has nothing to do with it, you did it and then accused me of arguing.
                      You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved