DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Upgrade Issues

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Just upgraded to latest version, been trying to remove all the dependencies.  I'm struggling with the below.

• DotNetNuke.Modules.Forum.dll
    • DotNetNuke.Modules.Messaging.dll
    • The Html editor in site setting/behaviors is now not working either yet the html editor itself seems fine.

As i can't see the community forum still installed and the messaging module is disabled from being removed. If anyone has any ideas that would be great.

New Around Here

Sorry to second asked, no one has any ideas?

Veteran Member

I have not encountered the messaging extension myself. So far, if I followed the steps on https://docs.dnncommunity...k-removal/index.html all worked fine on my end.

The SQL statement should enable you to remove the extensions.

If it is a multi portal setup, make sure you have followed the steps on all portals.

Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
        Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
        We just love DNN
        https://www.tjeps.com

Veteran Member

This sounds like there could be multiple things going on with your specific upgrade path.

The DotNetNuke.Module.Forum.dll file is not related to the Community Forums (a.k.a., Active Forums). It's related to the long since archived original core Forums module. You'll need to find a migration path for that module before you can safely remove telerik from DNN. That module still has telerik dependencies.

Also, be sure to upgrade to DNN 9.8 before you scan for telerik dependencies.

New Around Here

I've uninstalled the module as was unused but still i see the error? Could this be a case of me just deleting the bin file or is it still registered somehow in the db?

Veteran Member

Posted By Craig Mitchell on 10/23/2022 8:11 AM
              I've uninstalled the module as was unused but still i see the error? Could this be a case of me just deleting the bin file or is it still registered somehow in the db?

If you've uninstalled a module that is known to have Telerik in it and you still see it as a referenced dependency, then it may not have been uninstalled properly. 

When uninstalling it, did you choose the "Delete Files" option as well?  Normally, choosing this option will delete the files associated with the module.  

If you believe that you did uninstall the module with the "Delete Files" option checked, then it may not have cleanly uninstalled.  You'll want to check your file system and database to ensure that everything associated with that module has indeed been deleted.  

In the database, this could be: tables, stored procedures, and views.  

In the file system, this could be files in the following folders:  Bin, DesktopModules/Forums.  

Once you clean up the uninstall artifacts, you'll want to restart the website and check the telerik identifier again.  :) 

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
              2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
              3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
              4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
              5. No Flaming or Trolling.
              6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
              7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
              8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved