DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Version 9.4.0 upload problem

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>

New Around Here

I've just done a fresh install of the latest version of DNN, and all is working well apart from one thing.

When you click on "Browse Server" from the editor (Image or link), it does not show the list of folders - it only shows the Root Folder in the left-hand pane, but no files in the list. If you create a folder it does not show in the list, but it does create the folder which can be seen in the "Site Assets" section, and you can upload a file directly via upload -> send to server, but it does not show in the "Browse Server" section.

This is the popup link for the Browser-Modus: Image

Providers/HtmlEditorProviders/DNNConnect.CKE/Browser/Browser.aspx?Type=Image&tabid=21&PortalID=0&mid=355&ckid=txtContent&mode=Default&lang=en-US&CKEditor=dnn_ctr355_EditHTML_txtContent_txtContent&CKEditorFuncNum=1&langCode=en

Is this a bug in the latest version? Ive not had this before.

Thank you.

New Around Here

You may want to edit the permission settings on the root. Right-click the root folder and check it out

Veteran Member

I can report similar results.

I created a clean install of 9.4.0.

On editing the module on the home page, it didn't show the templates or users folders below root.

I right clicked on Root, gave all users permission on it and copied the permissions to child folders. The the lower level templates folder was shown (but not users. I think that's how it's supposed to work.)

I reset permissions on Root and copied to children and that seems to work.

BUT ... jpg files in Root are not displayed in the Browse Server popup.

And, I've seeing errors in the Admin Log like this:

09/18/2019 12:33:44
        General Exception
        host
        DNN 9.4.0
        AbsoluteURL /API/internalservices/controlBar/ToggleUserMode DefaultDataPro

AbsoluteURL:/API/internalservices/controlBar/ToggleUserMode

DefaultDataProvider:DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider, DotNetNuke

ExceptionGUID:93020175-f0b5-4cf2-992b-c3cc340e5390

AssemblyVersion:

PortalId:-1

UserId:-1

TabId:-1

RawUrl:

Referrer:

UserAgent:

ExceptionHash:a6CKuDEQ/F3bOJ45mjy3jyAkEU0=

StackTrace:

at System.Threading.CancellationToken.ThrowOperationCanceledException() at System.Net.Http.HttpContentExtensions.d__0`1.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.ModelBinding.FormatterParameterBinding.d__0.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Tracing.ITraceWriterExtensions.d__24.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.HttpActionBinding.d__0.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Tracing.ITraceWriterExtensions.d__24.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ActionFilterResult.d__2.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Filters.AuthorizationFilterAttribute.d__2.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Filters.AuthorizationFilterAttribute.d__2.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Filters.AuthorizationFilterAttribute.d__2.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Filters.AuthorizationFilterAttribute.d__2.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ExceptionFilterResult.d__0.MoveNext()

InnerMessage:

InnerStackTrace:

Source:mscorlib

FileName:

FileLineNumber:0

FileColumnNumber:0

Method:

Server Name: Surface-Joe
        Joe Craig
        DNN MVP
        Patapsco Research Group

Veteran Member

I've submitted a bug report about this.
          Joe Craig
          DNN MVP
          Patapsco Research Group

Veteran Member

DNN 9.4.1 has been released today (https://github.com/dnnsof....Platform/releases).
            Please upgrade and check again :)

Veteran Member

This has not changed with a clean 9.4.1 install.
              Joe Craig
              DNN MVP
              Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

Hi!
                I have the same or perhaps a very similar problem.

We have upgraded a dnn-site from version 8.4 to 9.4.1. After upgrade the dnnconnect.ckeditor does not show all images when I click browse on server in order to find an already uploaded image to insert in a page.

I have a folder containing many images, but strange only a few of them can be seen when browsing from the html-editor on the page. If I look as administrator from "Site Assets" I can see all files and all folders.

I have now seen that after the update only images with lower case file-extensions (like *.jpg) are shown and not files with uppercase extensions!!

I just updated to DNN 9.4.2 but unfortunately the same result.

Do any of you know how we can fix this?

Best regards
                Peter

Veteran Member

Peter,
                  I suggest in PB > Manage > Website Assets you perform a recursive file sync. while being in the base folder.
                  If folders are missing for non-admins afterwards in CKEditor, you may check folder permissions (in folder properties) and grant permission according to your needs

New Around Here

Sebastian, I am not quite with you …
                    I do not have an option "Recursive sync" there. I have the following options: "Refresh", "Sync this folder" and "Sync this folder and subfolders". I have tried all these options.
                    What can be the cause that I do not have the alternative "Recursive file sync"?
                    /Peter

New Around Here

In PB > Manage > Website Assets I can see all files and folders but in the html editor (after clicking "Browse…" I can only se imagefiles with lowercase extensions and not imagefiles with uppercase extensions.
                      /Peter
                      You are not authorized to post a reply.
                      Page 1 of 212 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved