DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Links in multilang sites

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

How can we create a link that will lead to a page in the current language?

If the pages have diferent names, and diferent links, how can create a link to a page that keeps the current lang?

Let's say I have the page "Contact Us" with the link site.com/en-US/contact-us and the portuguese conterpart "Contacte-nos" with the link site.com/pt-PT/contacte-nos

If I want to create a link in the home page, how can I point to the page, keeping the currently used language?

Veteran Member

if you omit the language param in the url, the user will stay in his current language and get displayed the page in this language.

New Around Here

Found this as I have the same problem in 9.06.02.  I have an en-GB and fr-fr localizations. I have a page called portfolio, if I am in the French translation, and go to add a link, the English naming of the pages shows up on the drop-down list, I choose the page, the link is shown (in source as relative and with no localized language, however with the English name of the page). On using the site, the link goes to the page but swaps language back to English.  Even if I put the French name in the link (but without fr-fr prefix) it still swaps back to the English localization, it is the first link to a portal page I have put into the text, so wonder if there is some setting that I am missing?

the page is fr-fr/Portfolio, the a href link is to /Portfolio/-City-Courtyard and this jumps me back to the English page, I would expect it to link to /fr-fr/Portfolio/Cour-en-Ville.  The Engligh site is the default, so has no localization prefix before the pages, does that make a difference?  Thanks

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
        2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
        3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
        4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
        5. No Flaming or Trolling.
        6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
        7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
        8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved