DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Error while installing DNN Platform

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Hi,

While trying to installing DNN Platform (/Website/install/installwizard.aspx), I faced below error:

If any one faced this issue pleaes share the solution.

Veteran Member

Did you try a fresh install and used an upgrade package by mistake? Also make sure that the connection to your SQL Server is not blocked by a firewall, the application pool identity account has modify permissions in the whole tree and db_owner access in the database (this one at least during the installation).

Happy DNNing!
      Michael

Happy DNNing!
      Michael

Michael Tobisch
      DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
      DNN Connect

New Around Here

Thanks for your reply.

No, this is just a fresh install, and still not configured, once I open installwizard.aspx page this error appear to me.

Veteran Member

TBH I have never seen that error before, nor myself or in the forums.

What version of DNN are you installing?
          In what kind of an environment? (os version sql version etc)

New Around Here

Thanks for you.

DNN Platform Version: 9.11.0

SQL Server: 2019 (15.0.2080.9)

Veteran Member

Did you unblock the ZIP file before unpacking?

Happy DNNing!
              Michael

Michael Tobisch
              DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
              DNN Connect

Veteran Member

Posted By Michael Tobisch on 3/30/2023 1:42 AM
                Did you unblock the ZIP file before unpacking?

Happy DNNing!
                Michael

Like Timo, this is a very new error to me, and we've been doing this a long time (including Michael).  The advice to unblock the zip file first is a good first step for troubleshooting:  

https://hotcakescommerce....block-File-Downloads

Beyond that, it would be interesting to know much more about the environment and the exact steps you're taking.  Also, any additional errors that you might see once this occurs.  You can find more information about how to find those errors (before starting over) below.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyNebzEy8Bk

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved