DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Website Popup (Please help if you can!)

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>

New Around Here

Hi guys!

I'm currently working with a website created in DNN and I am trying to get a popup onto the home page---I am currently using Popupsmart for ease of use, but I have tried to install the javascript code and popupsmart is not recognizing that it is installed. I've tried two different ways of installing---via google tag manager and a content injection module.

It is a custom-designed popup to collect lead info on potential new customers (pretty standard).

I am attaching some images to go along with this post and would love any help in troubleshooting the issue. Thank you in advance!

New Around Here

I think both methods will not put the code in the body.
      So you might try to just add it with a simple html module.
      The only problem is, by default I think the html module will remove script tags.
      So you can try and set the html module in 'raw' mode or something.
      Another option is to put the tag directly in your theme if you know how to do that.

Veteran Member

You have several possibilities.

If you use a Text/HTML module, you can add the script to the header or the footer, but if you do that often it can get a bit hard to maintain. And you don't have much control of where the script will appear in the rendered page.

I would suggest to use Will Strohl's Content Injection Module, that let's you inject anything on the page with much more control over it.

But if you want this on every page of your site adding it to the theme would be the best choice.

Happy DNNing!
        Michael

Michael Tobisch
        DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
        DNN Connect

Veteran Member

Did you check if the code is actually injected in the page (F12 browser dev tools)

New Around Here

Hey guys! Thank you so much for your help! I've been trying to figure this out with no luck. I recorded a short screen recording explaining the problem in more detail, so that you guys get a better understanding. I emailed Will to get his input on this, as well and he said he would be replying to this post. If you could send over a quick screen recording of how you guys would solve it yourselves that would be awesome!

Here's the link: https://share.vidyard.com...rJF11WAEFEsn6pqYzaW?

Or could any of you hop on a quick call? I am more than willing to pay to get this resolved asap!

Veteran Member

In addition to Marnix' answer, I created a video: Inject script tag in DNN body - YouTube

Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
              Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
              We just love DNN
              https://www.tjeps.com

New Around Here

Tycho and Marnix---I appreciate the insights and help! I did try an HTML text module, but Popupsmart still will not verify the website. I am sending over another quick video showing how I installed it. It doesn't seem to be registering: https://share.vidyard.com...BxbVhRCVs1kMVTW1x1h?

I see that you also put the Popupsmart code onto your DNN website. Were you able to verify the site it on Popupsmart and did the popup actually appear with your DNN setup? I'm just trying to pinpoint where the issue could be.

Thanks again and I am looking forward to hearing back!

New Around Here

*Breakdown also showing the code (forgot to include in the last screen recording): https://share.vidyard.com...rEAWximLTCynxsBcho7?

The code looks to be in the body, so I am not sure why it's not working. Did Popupsmart work for you when you installed it?

Veteran Member

TBH, I have no idea why the verify doesn't work. I verify apps several times a week (Google Search console,Analytics, Piwik, Plerdy etc...) First time, this is not working. And in the video you can see that the code snippet is actually there. Maybe an issue in the popup? There is a help-link just below the verify, my next step would be to contact them.

Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
                    Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
                    We just love DNN
                    https://www.tjeps.com

Growing Member

Are you seeing any errors in the console on the page where the popup is injected? Particularly anything relating to CORS policy? (And have you definitely checked that your browser isn't blocking popups?)
                      You are not authorized to post a reply.
                      Page 1 of 212 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved