DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Migrated site tries to load upgrade wizard

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Veteran Member

This definitely sounds like something environmental.  It's usually really easy to get things up and running these days.  Back before version ~6, that wasn't necessarily the case.  (Not necessarily because of anything specific in DNN, but all of the dependencies are either preinstalled, or all work together better than they used to.)  

Veteran Member

Also, my experience with any of the control panel software used on a server is a mixed bag.  I almost always end up having to do something manually, depending on what's being hosted.  I tend to not use any of them these days, unless there are others I want to have access to the server.  (That is, when it's not in Azure.)  

New Around Here

Thanks Will, I've escalated the case with hosting support. I'm coming from my own Plesk server to theirs and was expecting this to be much smoother. I'm hoping they find something in the config bugged out and can fix it.

Veteran Member

You'll want to be sure all of the prerequisites are in place, and also confirm that you can assign (and use) the required permissions.  By the way, these requirements are not unique to DNN.  These are generally the same requirements for most ASP.NET applications.  So, they can hopefully help you figure things out.  

New Around Here

Ok this looks like it was Web Application Firewall in Plesk that was blocking the requested files causing the 403 errors.

Veteran Member

Posted By Andrew on 10/11/2023 5:29 PM
              Ok this looks like it was Web Application Firewall in Plesk that was blocking the requested files causing the 403 errors.

Yeah, those things get in my way all of the time. It's awesome you found the fix.  Thank you for letting us know!  💪🏽 

New Around Here

How is easier to install it?
                You are not authorized to post a reply.
                Page 2 of 2 << < 12

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved