DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Help! Error on moving site to new server

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 4 of 4 << < 1234

New Around Here

Posted By Will Strohl on 1/11/2024 12:09 PM

Do you know if the ChilkatDotNet4 DLL is compiled against a newer version of .NET?  If it hasn't been rebuilt against a newer version of .NET, it may simply be that the .NET Framework isn't able to read the code, but knows it's a dependency.  If you have access to that DLL, ideally it should be compiled against .NET 4.7.2.  

As the site is using so many dnn modules, I am not sure which dnn extension is using ChilkatDotNet.But the major issue I am facing is 'Site can't be reached......dnndev.me refused to connect' error. If I remove ChilkatDotNet2 dll from bin folder also, I am getting the same error .(Only if I enable 32 bit applications on app pool, I get ChilkatDotNet related exception.If I remove that dll by enabling 32 bit application on app pool, I get same error that 'Site can't be reached......dnndev.me refused to connect' )

New Around Here

Instead of browsing dnndev.me, if I browse dnndev.me/default.aspx, I can able to view the website home page.But subpage urls or menu from home page is not working Eg:-dnndev.me/Menu/Sub-Menu (It will raise the error, This site can’t be reached.. dnndev.me refused to connect).PortalAlias table have dnndev.me entry

Veteran Member

did you specify default.aspx as default document in IIS website settings?

New Around Here

Posted By Sebastian Leupold on 1/12/2024 9:44 AM
          did you specify default.aspx as default document in IIS website settings?

Yes its already there

Veteran Member

in this case it is the question, why it isn't used, when browsing the website or a subfolder.

New Around Here

Posted By Sebastian Leupold on 1/12/2024 10:11 AM

in this case it is the question, why it isn't used, when browsing the website or a subfolder.

Yes,by following the link, https://dnnsupport.dnnsof...other-Server,%C2%A0, I tried to move dnn site to new server. When browse the site from IIS, it will be redirected to dnndev.me with the error message that 'Site can't be reached..dnndev.me refused to connect''.When browsing dnndev.me/defaul.aspx, it shows home page, but menus are not working

Veteran Member

When the site is refusing to connect, there may be more to it.  You need to ensure that the server itself is the correct server, DNS is correctly pointing to that server, and IIS in that server has all of the expected bindings HTTP & HTTPS with a valid SSL certificate.  Something in that workflow seems to be missing based on the most recent comment.  

You are not authorized to post a reply.
                Page 4 of 4 << < 1234

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved