DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Error while loading Default Pages from Site Settings

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Hi nukers, 
    I'am facing a problem thant i'm not able to fix properly. 
    When i create a new portal, i have a problem loading the default pages because GetDefaultPagesSettings  returns 500. Looking into my db i figured out that is missing the settings PageHeadText in PortalSettings. Do you know why or where is the problem? 
    To fix the problem i added manually the settings, but i would like to understand why this is happening. Do you know where can i check, or do you have some ints form me? 
    Thank you very much

Veteran Member

Which version of DNN are you running? Is it a clean install or an upgraded site? If it is an upgraded site, from which version was it upgraded?

David Poindexter

Creator:

To your knowledge, has the database or core code of this DNN site been modified in any way? 🤔

Advanced Member

You may find more details in portals\_default\logs

That's a great idea, Daniel!  

Just in case it helps, here's a short video to help folks understand the logging locations a bit better.  😎 

Using the DNN Admin Log and Log4NET Files

New Around Here

So, my dnn version is 9.11.01, and yes it is an upgraded site. I think i have upgraded it from 9.9.1.
              I don't have any error in default logs due to portal creation or anithing else. 
              The database and the dnn's core is clean, no custom code. 
              I'm using multiple custom template for creating portal, but creating a "normal" portal with not custom template has the same problem. 
              What else could i check? 

Veteran Member

By "custom template", are you referring to XML based templates or JSON based. On which version of DNN were the templates created? Can you explain the basic steps for creating the custom templates?

I am just wondering if something is awry in the templates. I remember there being some bugs over the years with both types of exports/imports.

David Poindexter

Creator:

New Around Here

XML based template. I don't remeber the version were the templates has been created. Maybe 7

New Around Here

The old method was to use the export template that would create under the folder _default the xxxxxxx.template xml with all the information, page, module, settings ecc ecc to use while create a new portal. Now i tried the tool import/export but it doesn't create a full template. In the folder template, under the zip "export template", i have a blanck template, with 0 information about my custom site.
                    You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                    2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                    3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                    4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                    5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                    6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                    7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                    8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved