DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Is DNN still a viable platform for a hosting company?

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Veteran Member

Posted By Dan Chase on 22 Aug 2021 04:23 PMThis site must be running DNN because I had to click submit about 3 times to submit this post.

Hmm, weird, I don't have that experience at all with the current site.
    Did you see any errors?

Also if you would have issues with these forums again and you are able to reproduce it, could you please log it here?

https://github.com/DNNCom...mmunityForums/issues

Growing Member

I ran across this thread when searching for another keyword topic and thought to stop in and share the word and view here in January 2024!

My company has been working with DNN since version 3.0 and while I am admittedly a huge DNN fan (helping run the SouthernFriedDNN.com user group and the DNNSummit.org DNN user conference), I do work with other systems and feel that I'm grounded in perspective.

DNN Community edition is healthier than ever.
      It is a solid application development platform. We use it for new projects and we nurse along and upgrade old projects to keep updating them to newest versions.

It is secure and stable - WP and other comparable .net CMS systems, have a constant range of security issues and DNN has weathered the storm with reasonably few major issues over time.

Updates and Improvements Continue - The DNN Community edition is being regularly updated and older legacy elements are being retired to make way toward new DNN 10x and next new paths for new .NET future.

The things you love about DNN in the past still exist today... you install modules to add functionality, or keep DNN light based on the core modules installed and used. As a development platform, we build all kinds of solutions for client projects in DNN and for core features such as User Roles/Permissions, CMS content management, Security, Multi-Site/Portal features... it's all there and DNN remains our favorite tool for developing websites.

Within the community there are now more opportunities on how to talk to other DNN users
      - www.southernfrieddnn.com - DNN User Group, meets online the third Thursday of every month
      - www.DNNSummit.org - annual user conference, online, and in the future back in person
      - DNNCommunity.org - this site with forums and articles and info
      - DNN Slack Workspace - dnncommunity.slack.com
      - DNN Discord - https://discord.com/chann.../1037700388603830272

Veteran Member

I have to echo Ryan's sentiment here.  DNN CMS (a.k.a., DNN Platform) has never been more vibrant as a platform for building website applications of various types.  You're still not being forced to be a round peg in a square hole like with other systems...  *AHEM* *COUGH* WordPress!!! **Achoo!!!*  😝 

Also, I personally love going to the other conference that wasn't mentioned, DNN-Connect.  Even when both conferences are in-person, they're completely different events.  I recommend going to both if you have the time and budget.  If you don't have one or both of those, I highly recommend you find both.  DNN-Connect especially is such a unique event, and always in a gorgeous place!  

Advanced Member

Posted By Will Strohl on 1/13/2024 3:56 PM

I have to echo Ryan's sentiment here.  DNN CMS (a.k.a., DNN Platform) has never been more vibrant as a platform for building website applications of various types.  You're still not being forced to be a round peg in a square hole like with other systems...  *AHEM* *COUGH* WordPress!!! **Achoo!!!*  😝 

Also, I personally love going to the other conference that wasn't mentioned, DNN-Connect.  Even when both conferences are in-person, they're completely different events.  I recommend going to both if you have the time and budget.  If you don't have one or both of those, I highly recommend you find both.  DNN-Connect especially is such a unique event, and always in a gorgeous place!  

First of all, bless you Will (I fully and painfully understand the ick from WP - LOL).

DNN Platform continues to be our solid rock for sites and applications.

And yes to the events - these are great ways to meet and collaborate with like-minded people. I can hardly wait for DNN Connect 2024!

David Poindexter

Creator:

Advanced Member

If you're new in DNN and you're reading my message... You've found gold my dear friend! 

Sit in a comfort chair, get involved, comment, contribute, make questions, etc. because you just got into a community that's going to help you out! 

The same as Ryan, WIll and Dave... I'm looking forward for DNN Summit 2024 and DNN Connect 2024! 

Ing. Marco Alvarado Gómez MSc | Globalode
            Phone. +506 6049-1880 | WhatsApp. +506 6049-1880 | Email. [email protected]
            Address. Costa Rica (A Pura Vida place!).
            You are not authorized to post a reply.
            Page 2 of 2 << < 12

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
            2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
            3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
            4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
            5. No Flaming or Trolling.
            6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
            7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
            8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved