DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Unable to Drag and Drop controls from Toolbox to Form Design

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

I have an installed DNN944 instance. I am working on VS2019 Community.

I downloaded Christoc's template and wanted to drag and drop controls onto View.ascx to start desiging my module. However i get a disabled icon which does not allow me to drop any controls. Manually coding the asp:Label resulted in an Error "HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component".

I repeated many attempts with some success. I hope this can be verified with other developers on this forum.

Basically the difference is when you create a new project using Christoc's template - i faced the problem if the project name has a 'space' (e.g. "Corporate Project A"), but the problem does not appear if the project name is one word (e.g. "CorporateProjectA"). Hope this helps. Seems like a potential Visual Studio Problem.

Veteran Member

I just reached out to Chris, so hopefully he'll find a spot soon to elaborate on this one.
      Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
      Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
      We just love DNN
      https://www.tjeps.com
      You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved