DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

CKE Editor and Safari shifting all text to lowercase

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>

New Around Here

We are having a random issue with people editing html using Safari on our site which is running EVOQ 9.4.4.  Somehow when the user clicks to go into the advanced editor a

tag in the html gets changed to

as it is loading the advanced editor.  The effect of this is that all text is shifted into lower case, for real, not just a css command.  

I have not been able to replicate it doing the error itself, but if I do go into the html and set a tag to

manually it does happen.  

If anyone has an idea on what is happening or how to fix the issue with a bad p tag I would love to know.

Jeff 

Veteran Member

As most users here have little experiance with (recent) Evoq and it is using a different editor AFAIK, I suggest you create a ticket with DNN corporation.

Growing Member

I'm currently on Evoq 9.6 and having the same issues but not on Safari,  I primarily use Firefox.   I'm having other wonky issues, like when I try to add an existing module the whole site blows up.  

We are moving off Evoq and moving to Platform in Feb.  My test environment (Platform) doesn't have any issues. 

Growing Member

I have noticed a few wonky things on platform when using Safari while editing a site. In all cases, if we switched over to use chrome or edge, then the wonky was gone. I have been advising my clients to not use Safari for several years for editing a site. I have never heard of a problem VIEWING as site in Safari.

Growing Member

Thank you.  Maybe I should give up Firefox when I'm editing. 

Growing Member

See if the other browsers help.

New Around Here

I'm having a similiar issue in Firefox. If I edited in HTML editor in Classic, text was reverting to lowercase. Ok, I'll use Advanced if I want to paste HTML. Just now I needed to remove a period from client's content. Used Classic but didn't bother switching to HTML view because it was just a period. Sentence shifted to lowercase....as did the two cards beside it, just from removing a period in Classic (Inline) editor. Advanced is fine for me since I tend to write everything in an editor and copy paste so DNN doesn't log me out or hiccup (in 7) and tell me I'm editing/not editing/which is it/your content is gone! But clients are intimidated by "Advanced" sometimes, and you know, it shouldn't take three minutes to remove a period.

Also, at this rate, we won't have any browsers we're allowed to edit in by 2025. We already tell clients to avoid IE, now we should tell them to avoid Firefox and Safari? Can you see why dude used Wordpress for his kid's soccer team?

Growing Member

Are you in DNN Patform or Evoq?  All my trouble is in Evoq.  Strange how the open source product is much better than what you pay a for! 

New Around Here

Evoq Basic 9.6.1

Growing Member

I'm currently on Evoq Content 9.6.1.  After the last upgrade I haven't been able to use the Add Existing Module feature.  We are going to move to Platform in Feb because that is when our license expires with Evoq.  I downloaded Patform to play around with it: https://github.com/dnnsof...ses/tag/v9.8.0  and I haven't had any of the problems I've been having with Evoq. We are going to contract for support.  We are going to save a lot of money and have a better product.

You are not authorized to post a reply.
                      Page 1 of 212 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved