DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

404 Errors

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

I was working on a new site that has been fine for days. All of a sudden I clicked on Site Assets from the persona bar and got a 404 error. I closed the browser and when coming back to the site again I got a 404 error on the Login Popup. 

I went to another site in the same DNN Instance and it worked fine. Created a new site and everything was fine for about 4 hours while I was working and all of a sudden I get a 404 error on the Site Assets again. Then I try to logoff and get a 404 there as well.

Does anybody know what is causing this?

Veteran Member

Hi John,

First: it is always handy if you mention the DNN version in question. Sometimes there are known issues.
      Are you sure that you did not change anything during those 4 hours?

Pages not being available could be:
      - Page is disabled
      - Language not active / mapped
      - Page deleted

Any of these applicable?
      Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
      Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
      We just love DNN
      https://www.tjeps.com

Veteran Member

What I just realized...Make sure you have set the permissions correct.
        I once had a customer who allowed unauthenticated users to edit pages...

What happened was that bots (Google or otherwise) crawled the page and hit the 'delete page' button...

Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
        Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
        We just love DNN
        https://www.tjeps.com
        You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
        2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
        3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
        4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
        5. No Flaming or Trolling.
        6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
        7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
        8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved