DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

404 error open html editor manager

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 3123 > >>

Growing Member

I updated from dnn 9.2 to 9.3 and noticed I could not get to the html editor manager. Not sure if the issue was present on dnn 9.2. 

I updated dnn to 9.6.1 same issue, however, now at least I can access Customer Editor Options from the Text/HTML module itself. I have other DNN instance and it works fine. 

My web.config file contains this       tried replacing it with this  but it got  worse, the editor would not open at all. So I went back to the original.

If you understand my issue any help will be appreciated.

This is the error log for it:

AbsoluteURL
            /API/CAT_Modules/Services/GetModuleSetting

DefaultDataProvider
            DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider, DotNetNuke

ExceptionGUID
            f467f616-1837-4cf4-977b-0aecfc506961

CRwrHI+6zCIT7LbCqjSpf8Iu3xo=
          The operation was canceled.
             at System.Threading.CancellationToken.ThrowOperationCanceledException()
       at System.Net.Http.HttpContentExtensions.<ReadAsAsyncCore>d__0`1.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
       at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at System.Web.Http.ModelBinding.FormatterParameterBinding.<ExecuteBindingAsyncCore>d__0.MoveNext()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at System.Web.Http.Tracing.ITraceWriterExtensions.<TraceBeginEndAsyncCore>d__24.MoveNext()
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.HttpActionBinding.<ExecuteBindingAsyncCore>d__0.MoveNext()
       at System.Web.Http.Tracing.ITraceWriterExtensions.<TraceBeginEndAsyncCore>d__24.MoveNext()
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ActionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__2.MoveNext()
       at System.Web.Http.Filters.AuthorizationFilterAttribute.<ExecuteAuthorizationFilterAsyncCore>d__2.MoveNext()
       at System.Web.Http.Filters.AuthorizationFilterAttribute.<ExecuteAuthorizationFilterAsyncCore>d__2.MoveNext()
       at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ExceptionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__0.MoveNext()

mscorlib

Veteran Member

Do you know what HTML editor you are using?
      (RAD / CKEditor / another one)

Growing Member

Thank you for your reply,

I am not sure I can tell I assume is the one that comes with DNN. It looks the same as the other dnn instances. 

I have been running this instance since version 5 now 9.6.1 How can I tell?

Thank you for helping.

Veteran Member

Settings - Site settings - Site behaviour - More - Open HTML editor manager
          It should be DNNConnnect CKeditor. You do not want the Radeditor there.
          Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
          Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
          We just love DNN
          https://www.tjeps.com

Growing Member

I can go through all the steps Settings - Site settings - Site behaviour - More -

once I click "Open HTML editor manager" this error comes up 

I can open the "Custom Editor Settings" from the "Edit Content" tab and there I see "CKEditor Provider Settings" so I am using the CKEditor I just cannot open it from Site settings - Site behaviour - More - 

Veteran Member

I have seen this before, but I can't quite remember how I fixed it.

Check in the Extensions PB page, Installed Extensions, Providers and see which editor providers are installed. Hopefully you will find "DNN Connect CKEditor Provider" version 1.0.8 (that's what I see in a clean install of 9.6.1 (I see 1.0.5 in a DNN 9.3.2 installation). You may have a different on since you are using an earlier version of DNN.

Before doing anything, MAKE A BACKUP of your database and files.!!!

I would then try deleting (from the Extensions page) any other editor providers that are installed. Clear the cache, restart the application and then see what you have when you try to go to the HTML Editor Provider page.

It may help.

You can also search through the bin directory to see if there are other editor provider dll files hanging around. If you find any extraneous ones, delete them.

Good luck!
              Joe Craig
              DNN MVP
              Patapsco Research Group

Growing Member

good call, I think you are into something. I have DNN Connect CKEditor Provider 1.0.8 and RadEditor Manager 7.4.2 I will remove the RadEditor tonight and post an update.

Thank you

Veteran Member

Be careful, and make sure that you have a backup. I had a few weird things happen that required manual editing of web.config.
                  Joe Craig
                  DNN MVP
                  Patapsco Research Group

Growing Member

Hi Joe, thanks for the warning. Should edit the web.config before I delete the RadEditorProvider? 

This is what I have in the web.config file

Veteran Member

At this point, i'd recommend not deleting. Just change the provider and leave it installed.
                      Joe Craig
                      DNN MVP
                      Patapsco Research Group
                      You are not authorized to post a reply.
                      Page 1 of 3123 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved