DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

DotNetNuke.UI.Modules.IModuleControlPipeline Error

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Veteran Member

Could you please describe the problem you are having, and what you are doing to cause it to happen.

As noted in the thread, you should NOT be trying to compile DNN. If you are trying to add modules to a DNN installation, you should compile the individual modules and create installable packages that can be added to DNN using the Extension Installation functionality.
    Joe Craig
    DNN MVP
    Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

I Upgraded my website from 9.3.2 to 9.8.0 which worked fine with some minor issues with the Monaco Editor. When tried to compile and published it to the server, it works well for the first launch. After an hour or so it is displaying 500 error. All the code under App_code is converted to dll and NOT using the App_Code folder. 

Veteran Member

How and what did you compile?

Note that this is not the usual, normal, recommended, or suggested way to add functionality to a DNN installation. The usual way to add functionality to DNN is via Extensions which, historically have been either WSP (Web Site Project) or WAP (Web Application Project).

These days, the main for for Module development is the WAP approach. A VS project is created, and the project is what is compiled and packages in to a special ZIP file whose internal format is known to DNN and the various components are installed from the Extensions page. There are extensions other than Modules, but all are packaged as installable ZIP files.

Doing things differently is likely to problems as you are trying to do something in an ad hoc non-standard way. Standard approaches are there for a reason.

So, my recommendation to you is to follow this approach.
        Joe Craig
        DNN MVP
        Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

Hello Joe,
          This happened with the fresh installation of DNN9.8.0 as well. I downloaded the code and no other code/skin was added. I just run the application and published it to my local folder and launched it using IIS it works fine initially. After I recycle the app pool the same pipeline issue exists.

Veteran Member

Yes, and you are going to continue to have problems if you continue to do things that way.
            Joe Craig
            DNN MVP
            Patapsco Research Group
            You are not authorized to post a reply.
            Page 2 of 2 << < 12

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
            2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
            3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
            4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
            5. No Flaming or Trolling.
            6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
            7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
            8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved