DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Newtonsoft.Json not found

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

I'm repeatedly getting this message in the Event Viewer. Any advice how I can correct this? (If you say something like, "Install Newtonsoft.Json on your server," I'll need more details that that...)

Error ViewEasyDNNnews Main - PageInit:Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=4.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) App_Web_vieweasydnnnewsmain.ascx.d988a5ac at EasyDNNSolutions.Modules.EasyDNNNews.ViewEasyDNNNewsMain.FXvZXQje5(String[] , String ) at EasyDNNSolutions.Modules.EasyDNNNews.ViewEasyDNNNewsMain.Page_Init()

Server Name: WIN-7SHDS05BLQ4

New Around Here

What dnn version are you using? Suppose if you're using dnn 9, go to dnn 9 install.zip files(found in dnn website), unzip them then go to website/install/module - there should be newtonsoft zip file with the version on that(note that version). Go to your web.config file and search for newtonsoft then replace the version on that. lets say the version you found in install files is 10.0.2.21 but in config file replace it as 10.0.0.0 but your config file should have something like 4.5.0.0.

New Around Here

Thank you for your reply.

I just upgraded to DNN verison 08.00.04 from a 7.05.something.

My web.config has:

<dependentAssembly>
                <assemblyIdentity name="Newtonsoft.Json" publicKeyToken="30ad4fe6b2a6aeed" />
                <codeBase version="6.0.0.0" href="DesktopModules\OnyakTech.SigmaLive.PopUp\bin\Newtonsoft.Json.dll" />
              </dependentAssembly>

The version of Newtonsoft.Json.dll I have in dnn\bin is from 2016, which is likely when the original dnn verison 7 was installed. It does not look like it's been changed since then, and the upgrade to 08.00.04 didn't replace Newtonsoft.Json.dll.

New Around Here

Go to https://github.com/dnnsof...tree/master/08.00.04

Download the install.zip. Unpack and go to website/install/module. Take the newton soft zip file from that folder and place it in your servers website/install/ module folder. And run the install resources url. It should change the config file. Sometimes it may not update the config files. See the version on that newtonsoft zip file(generally the zip file name has the version on it). Copy that version and paste it in config file where there is 6.0.0.0 and replace it with new x.0.0.0 and restart website.

New Around Here

Thank you again. I will give this a try tonight after hours when I can take down the website.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
            2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
            3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
            4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
            5. No Flaming or Trolling.
            6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
            7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
            8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved