• Login
  • Register

DNN Forums

A community discussion page. We're starting from scratch, so...let's get the party started!

Javascript error breaking Digital Assets module

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Sort:
Page 1 of 212 > >>

So I've noticed I keep getting a javascript error which seem to break the Digital Assets module. The same error has also been plaguing me while using an ecommerce (catalook) extension when I try to use certain dropdown menus in its admin:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '_getNeedsScrollExtender' of undefined
        at c.RadTreeView.initialize (ScriptResource.axd?d=tFYhzROIw9wVAO0ZVQD0pQJjoWXkb3_ZkzWzXsqoouiTVBiAiQ0UjpC6-C8DYJbqrjwolXYhMCZzIFB3glnm7F3_T9gd7A9BPUwprFp3JFQ6fk_cvjsX-0RripE1&t=4036ae9:1053)

I'm using the default skin (Xcillion) for DNN 9 and it looks like Jquery is working. I can't seem to track down what is going on here.

Basic Member

Basic Member

Posted By Agency3 on 08 Jul 2019 09:05 PM

So I've noticed I keep getting a javascript error which seem to break the Digital Assets module. The same error has also been plaguing me while using an ecommerce (catalook) extension when I try to use certain dropdown menus in its admin:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '_getNeedsScrollExtender' of undefined
          at c.RadTreeView.initialize (ScriptResource.axd?d=tFYhzROIw9wVAO0ZVQD0pQJjoWXkb3_ZkzWzXsqoouiTVBiAiQ0UjpC6-C8DYJbqrjwolXYhMCZzIFB3glnm7F3_T9gd7A9BPUwprFp3JFQ6fk_cvjsX-0RripE1&t=4036ae9:1053)

I'm using the default skin (Xcillion) for DNN 9 and it looks like Jquery is working. I can't seem to track down what is going on here.

What version of DNN are you running? Because 9.2 got rid of a lot of code, it is important that all modules are suitable for that version.

Any mentions in the Chrome Console? If Jquery is not being loaded, it should be mentioned there. If you need to figure out what version jquery you're running, you can use $cs.jquery in the console to find that out.

Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
      Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
      We just love DNN
      https://www.tjeps.com

Yes that error is from the chrome console

DNN v. 09.03.02 (24)
        Jquery is 3.2.1

( I had to use jQuery.fn.jquery to get the version. $cs.jquery returns an error: VM159:1 Uncaught ReferenceError: $cs is not defined at :1:1 -- today I'm using chrome on a mac? Does that make a difference?)

Basic Member

Basic Member

Did you check if jQuery is loaded twice on the page?

Advanced Member

Advanced Member

Posted By Timo Breumelhof on 09 Jul 2019 11:47 AM

Did you check if jQuery isloaded twice on the page?

I'd say to check that, as well as try checking the CDN and CDF features to see if they're loading (or not) compatible scripts.

Will Strohl

Upendo Ventures Upendo Ventures
            DNN experts since 2003
            Official provider of the Hotcakes Commerce Cloud and SLA support
            You are not authorized to post a reply.
            Page 1 of 212 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. No Advertising. This includes promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
            2. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
            3. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
            4. No Flaming or Trolling.
            5. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
            6. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
            7. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved