DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Relative URLs & 9.8.0

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>

Growing Member

In my new 9.8.0 non-Telerik site when I make links to other pages on the site they are abosulte URLs, not relative.

I have checked the CKEditor config and that is set to relative.

Could something else be doing this?

Simon Thompson UK 

Growing Member

Over two months on and I have found no solution or had a reply to this post.

Surely I cannot be the only one? If I am that in itself would be useful knowledge.

Veteran Member

I don't see this at all.

In HTML module, I can create a link, select Portal Page as the link type, and use the dropdown to select the page. Looking at what is generated by switching to source mode and I see: href="/MyPage"
        Joe Craig
        DNN MVP
        Patapsco Research Group

Growing Member

Hi Joe,

Many thanks for the input. At least that tells me there may be a problem at my end.

I wonder if there is something in the install DNN4less are providing me. I am having the no-Telerik version.

Any thoughts as to where I may look? I have already checked the CKeditor parameters and no matter whether I select Relative or Absolute I get the full link.

Is there anything in the web.config of CKEditor provider that may be impacting this? 

Growing Member

It would definitelty only be a configuration setting in ckEditor and no where else in DNN that would be cauisng this. I though also do not have this problem, and just tested on a clean install instance of 9.8.1 and unable to reproduce

Growing Member

DNN4less has upgraded the CKeditor to version 2.1.27 and this works correctly for creating relative URLs.

However it comes at a cost in that the opening of the HTML Editor Manager brings up the message "The current HTML Editor Provider is not supported by this version of the HTML Editor Manager."

What is confusing that other sites of mine which should be identical never had this problem.

Simon Thompson
              Malvern UK

Veteran Member

Well in the case there must be a difference between the sites and I would ask DNN4Less about that TBH

New Around Here

Did you upgrade the DNN site to 9.8.1 and upgraded the latest CKeditor?
                  Please, Clear the cache and restart the AppPool and check.

Still if you have an issue while opening the CKeditor settngs, then open the editor with HTML module edit mode. You can see a link to open the CKeditor settings on a window.

Growing Member

We have upgraded to 9.8.1, upgraded to the latest CKEditor, and the toerh steps you mention with no impact.

I have performed the same "Open HTML Editor Manager" steps on another site where I have not problems and I have inspected the Console reports for both sites. The failing site is reporting "Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined" in a number of locations, which seems to suggest this is the cause, but as to actually what to fix is where my knowledge runs out.

Simon Thompson

Malvern UK

Veteran Member

Posted By Simon Thompson on 22 Feb 2021 06:17 AM

We have upgraded to 9.8.1, upgraded to the latest CKEditor, and the toerh steps you mention with no impact.

I have performed the same "Open HTML Editor Manager" steps on another site where I have not problems and I have inspected the Console reports for both sites. The failing site is reporting "Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined" in a number of locations, which seems to suggest this is the cause, but as to actually what to fix is where my knowledge runs out.

Simon Thompson

Malvern UK

jquery is not defined on an edit page often points to jQuery being loaded twice on the page.
                      Often by the Theme and a module..
                      Press F12 and search for jQuery

You are not authorized to post a reply.
                      Page 1 of 212 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved