• Login
  • Register

DNN Forums

A community discussion page. We're starting from scratch, so...let's get the party started!

Upgrade path 7.2.3 to 9.2.2

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Sort:
Page 3 of 3 << < 123

Update: Since this test site was at a point where I was going to need to drop back to backup and redo it anyway, I went ahead and updated it to 9.2.2. After that update, the persona bar is all working as it should. Going to start testing all modules on this version now and going through suggestions in the security analyzer. Thank you all for your help!

Veteran Member

Veteran Member

Sorry for the delay... I've been swamped with client work, but great news on the updates, Mike! :)

As for persona bar issues, the most common causes I've found with them include (1) table-based themes; and (2) JS errors (usually suppressed).
      Will Strohl

Upendo Ventures Upendo Ventures
      DNN experts since 2003
      Official provider of the Hotcakes Commerce Cloud and SLA support

I will shortly share our story of upgrade from 7.4.3 to 9.3.2 in Azure.

It was a big migration, but finally, it's working. So, have confidence, it will work out :)

The main caveats during the upgrade:

• We had several different languages in the portal. In the 9.3.2 version the languages seemed to be corrupted and selecting a menu item would make a change to default language. SOLUTION: make primary portal alias for each language. You should also disable / enable languages (in Site settings) for required settings to be generated in the DNN DB. Which settings are generated by the new portal version - likely someone else can describe better.
          • Also check Site settings (these are working for us):
            • Enable language parameter in URLs = OFF
            • Enable Browser Language Detection = OFF
            • Users May Choose Interface Language = ON
        • Many DNN API functions depracated. This causes rewrite of some module code. However, this was relatively small piece of work in the end for us.
        • Iframe asp.net tag formation has changed in .NET Framework 4.5.x. Iframe is no longer WebControl, rather HtmlControl. SOLUTION: transform ASP.NET iframes from WebControl to HtmlControl.
        You are not authorized to post a reply.
        Page 3 of 3 << < 123

These Forums are dedicated to discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. No Advertising. This includes promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
        2. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
        3. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
        4. No Flaming or Trolling.
        5. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
        6. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
        7. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved