DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

How to force lower case urls?

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>

Growing Member

There is a site setting for SEO which enables forcing urls as lower case. i probably misunderstand the feature, but i thought that it would force urls lower case even if the page name was upper or mixed case. Unfortunately I have converted many of my page names to lower case which is then reflected in the menu construction as lower case which does not look good. i am using xcillion on home at the present.

should my urls be forced to lower case in spite of the Name in Pages? If so, how do i make it happen? Or do i need some kind of url rewriter?

Veteran Member

In the Persona Bar go to Settings, SEO, General Settings and click the switch to turn that option on. By default, "Convert URLs to Lowercase" is turned off.
      Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group

Growing Member

yes - i enabled it. the point is that with it enabled, it does not convert my urls to lower case. so if i create a page with the name My Page, it will show in the browser as My-Page. the only way i have discovered to make it lower case is to change Name to my page which then becomes my-page. the problem is that the menu system will display it as my page.

New Around Here

1) What is the DNN version you are using? It is original version or Upgraded?
          2) Are you using and updated "URL REWRITER" and using a different URL REWRITER at site settings?
          3) Are you using Url Rules? Please, check web.config file too.
          4) Please, check if you are using

with the rule in the web config file.

Growing Member

Posted By Prasad Maduranga on 20 Feb 2021 04:48 AM
            1) What is the DNN version you are using? It is original version or Upgraded?
            2) Are you using and updated "URL REWRITER" and using a different URL REWRITER at site settings?
            3) Are you using Url Rules? Please, check web.config file too.

with the rule in the web config file.

dnn 9.8.1

i do not understand what you are asking in question 2. i am using out of the box features. a few modules include their own rewriters such as yaf.net and revindex but i have not touched them nor configured them. the pages of interest are not part of those modules.

i tried to include web.config snippets but it is not allowed.

ps - i have not enabled Redirect Mixed Case Urls to on would be sufficient.

New Around Here

I've missed this part from the 4th one in my last message.

Do you have something like this on web.config file?

Growing Member

Posted By Prasad Maduranga on 20 Feb 2021 11:27 PM
                I've missed this part from the 4th one in my last message.

Do you have something like this on web.config file?

i can't see what you wrote/pasted.

you are facing the same copy and paste problems i had. whatever you are pasting is not visible - i don't think that this forum allows copy and paste, and certainly does not allow anything which looks like code. i had to type my information. i paste it and then type it.

New Around Here

Something like this

New Around Here

New Around Here

It is not allowing me to post the code what I want. I tried several times. Anyway just check this atleast.

IgnoreCase="False" .....
                      You are not authorized to post a reply.
                      Page 1 of 212 > >>

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved