DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

User registration/creation

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Growing Member

My end process is that I need a way to allow a registered user(employee) to create user accounts without giving this person full admin access.

My initial thought was I would use the DNN registration page as a stand alone page and allow this person(s) the rights to see this page so they could create the sccounts from there. Unfortunately I don't see a way to create a page with this control on it. Is there a way I can accomplish my end process either by using the registration page or any other means???

Any ideas, or help would be greatly appreciated.

ps. Big thanks and shout out to Daniel Valadas for getting me registereed on the new forum.

Mike

Growing Member

You can add the module 'account registration' to a page. Was that what you're looking for?

Veteran Member

The user accounts module that was previously has hard-coded to check for user permissions.  You weren't really able to use it without admin/superuser permissions.  This was by design, because of the potential social engineering and other security concerns.  The persona bar is not much different.  

If you want to assign user management tasks to non-admins, you'll want to be very careful on assigning those duties, and you'll need to use a third-party or custom module to do that.  Here are a couple of third-party options I found.

• UManage by OPSI srl
        • User Management by Upendo Ventures (revived from an archived version originally by DNN-Connect)

Growing Member

Thanks Will! I'll check them out.

I'm with you on assigning user management to non admin users, but the bosses want our HR department to be able to create and delete users. There is NO WAY I'm going to give them admin privileges to the rest of the website just so they can do that. They can't even manage their own HTML content without me fixing it for them LOL!!!

Veteran Member

Posted By muddeatr on 03 Oct 2019 12:15 PM

There is NO WAY I'm going to give them admin privileges to the rest of the website just so they can do that. They can't even manage their own HTML content without me fixing it for them LOL!!!

Preach!  :D  

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
            2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
            3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
            4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
            5. No Flaming or Trolling.
            6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
            7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
            8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved