DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Cannot Edit Any Pages On Site using DNN 8

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Growing Member

Posted By veriatech on 10 May 2021 10:38 PM

Thank you Sebastian.  I believe my problem is that I have SQL Server 2019 installed and I don't see that on the SQL Server compatibililty list.

I am 100% confident that it will not be because of SQL 2019.

Thanks,
    Richard
    www.dynamisys.co.uk

Veteran Member

I agree with Richard. I have several DNN installations on SQL Server 2019, all work without problems.

Happy DNNing!
      Michael

Michael Tobisch
      DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
      DNN Connect

Veteran Member

I agree to, there should eb no issue with SQ Server 2019 and DNN 9 - problems would only occur with SQL Server 2005 or older. Even a database compatibility level of 130 or above (in database properties) should not cause troubles with DNN 7 to 9.

New Around Here

Thanks for the replies regarding SQL Server 2019 everyone!  Ok, then perhaps it is my version of the .NET Framework.  Again, at this point, I am merely trying to upgrade from 08.00.04 (226) to the next logical edition of DNN 9 on the suggested upgrade path.  I have installed the latest version of the .NET Framework on my server (4.8) but in IIS it only shows .NET v2.0 and .NET v4.5 and actually the .NET CLR version is only showing 2.0 and 4.0.  Any thoughts and advice regarding my installed versions of the .NET Framework or any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you very much!

Veteran Member

if latest version of .Net is installed on the machine and your app pool is running .net 4 in integrated mode, you should be fine.

Veteran Member

from Error message above: check your DNN Server Settings section Performance and make sure, combination of scripts and CSS is disabled on site AND host level. Restart your application and try again.

New Around Here

Thanks Sebastian! I'm guessing the "DNN Server Settings section Performance" you mention is somewhere in the DNN Host Settings or Admin Settings section? I cannot really seem to find it. I see a "Performance Settings" section under Host Settings > Advanced Settings but it does not have any configurable properties for "combination of scripts and CSS". Thanks so much for your help, Sebastian. I've seen you on these forums for a very long time now!

Veteran Member

In DNN 8, check
                  Admin > Site Settings > Advanced > Client Ressorces and
                  Host > Host Settings > Advanced > Client Ressources
                  Make sure, non of the options is checked.

New Around Here

Thanks Sebastian. I have reviewed these settings and none of them were checked when I looked at them. The options say "Minify CSS" and "Minify JS". So, no changes were necessary regarding these settings. Other things I have tried are to Clear the Cache, Restart the Application, reboot the server, you know.... the usual stuff.

Veteran Member

If possible, start from scratch (using backup) and make sure to clean all 3rd party extensions, you are not using.
                      Clear all old leftovers (.zip and .resources files) in subfolders of /install
                      Next, try a direct upgrade to DNN 9.1.1.
                      If the site acts properly, you may continue to 9.3.2 and finally to 9.9.1.
                      As last step, if the site has been properly upgraded, you may perform the steps to remove Telerik (see https://dnndocs.com/conte...-removal/index.html)
                      You are not authorized to post a reply.
                      Page 2 of 2 << < 12

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved