DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

DNN 9.9.1 : Some modules are logged out the normal users but working fine for Super user

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Hello all,

I recently upgraded my DNN website from 9.8.0 to 9.9.1. Everything is working fine but I am facing one issue.

Once I logged in with Super user and go to any portal, the particular module is working fine as expected. But when I logged in with a normal user, then the same particular module is logged them out to Login page of portal.

I put a lot of efforts to figure out the thinbgs but still facing the same issue. Please help.

Please let me know if you have any doubts.

Thanks,

Shivam S

Veteran Member

Please explain the problem in some more detail. In particular, I don't understand the notion of a module logging a user out, unless there is something else happening.

Please give us a walk through of what happens.

You may also want to take a look at page and modules permissions for the pages where this happens.
      Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group

Veteran Member

please check page permission - if users get the message of missing permission, this might be a cause.
        If authenticated users really get logged out, there might be another issue of redirect between (sub)domains and you should investigate time to check messages in the developer console of your browser.

New Around Here

I would echo Sebastian's thoughts. I have found the same issues which is consistent across previous versions of DNN.
          I have a set of websites www.mydomain.co.uk www.mydomain.co.uk/siteone, www.mydomain.co.uk/sitetwo which are Portals 0, 1, and 2 respectively. The SuperUser account does allow movement between sites. However if you have UserZero who is registered to the main domain (portal 0) when they move from the main domain to the next domain they do not transfer. If I remember correctly you cannot register UserZero to portal 1 or 2 as the system says they already exist.

I would recommend you restore 9.8.0 and test again. Make sure it works (or not) then perform the upgrade to 9.9.1 again.

New Around Here

First of all, I would like to thank you all (Joe Craig, Sebastian Leupold and DaveHassall) for your comments.
            The issue has been resolved. The main cause of that issue was CKEditor.
            The main issue was, wherever we have CKEditor present in pages, it doesn't allowed us to do anything on page and redirects us to login page that portal. We analyze it for all the pages where CKEditor was present.
            Then we download the latest version of CKEditor (installation file) from https://github.com/w8tcha...leases/tag/v02.01.27 and installed it as an extension. Also we commented the previous CKEditor configuratio from web.config and it worked.

Veteran Member

Thank you and please make sure, the issue and your findings are logged into the DNN issue tracker https://github.com/dnnsof...Dnn.Platform/issues/

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
              2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
              3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
              4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
              5. No Flaming or Trolling.
              6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
              7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
              8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved