DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

CreateUser API - Object reference not set ISSUE

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

When I go to add a new user[1] and click save, I get a error alert.  "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."[2]  I've been doing this for years so off to the logs I go.  The event logs indicate that the user was created and the profile was updated just fine.  The account was automatically added to the roles it needed and all went well.  But, the email didn't go out.  I can find no logs or traces of information as to why the email may not have gone out.  The email functionality works in every other location on the site except here and I cannot for the life of me figure out where I should start to look for a hint to this issue.  Any and all help is appreciated.

1:

2:

Growing Member

Which dnn version?

Is your host email setup in servers/smtp settings?

Please post entire exception either from admin logs or servers/logs.

New Around Here

This was an SMTP issue with our networking staff.  We found the issue there and were able to resolve it.  It's not related to DotNetNuke.  Thank you.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
        2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
        3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
        4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
        5. No Flaming or Trolling.
        6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
        7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
        8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved