DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Upgrade 9.2 - 9.10 errors with Persona Bar

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Had to manually update the personabar dll files and content of the Desktopmodule/Admin/persona.bar directory.

Firefox
    scheme
        https
    host
        redacted.webaddress.com
    filename
        /API/personaBar/localization/gettable
    culture
        en
    Address
        redacted.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:443
    Status
    Internal Server Error
    VersionHTTP/1.1
    Transferred515 B (36 B size)
    Referrer Policystrict-origin-when-cross-origin

Chrome

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)

/API/personaBar/localization/gettable?culture=en

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

New Around Here

Update- I was able to bump this error by checking Newtonsoft.Json.dll (it did not upload properly) and now there is a font issue:

-Downloadable Font: Kern: Too large subtable (font-family "pb_semibold" style: normal... etc.) for the open-sans-semibold.ttf font.
      -downloadable font: Table discarded (same font)

I tried a different font, same error with different font.

cache was cleared in browser and app pool recycled.

Veteran Member

Did you try going directly from 9.2 to9.10? If so, that's definitely NOT going to work.

I'd recommend that you check the DNN Docs for the recommended upgrade path and that you also read the Release Notes carefully to locate the potential roadblocks.
        Joe Craig
        DNN MVP
        Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

I thought I followed the upgrade instructions, but apparently I not. If I knew what I was doing I would not have to post here! Thanks for your help.

New Around Here

I managed to complete the upgrade by trial and error and so far, everything seems to be working as designed. I'll post here, hopefully someone else may need this.

I tried to run the Upgrade wizard and it errored at 50% attempting to install the AspNetMvc_5.2(etc) Zip file.
            I manually extracted and installed the components and the dll files per the outline in the .dnn files.

I made sure that each of the dll files in the /bin directory were up to date. In order to facilitate this upgrade, I installed a new instance of 9.10.02 in another directory with one site and compared the two versions and made updates to the old site as needed.

My biggest issue was tracking down the missing Persona bar. I had to make sure all the javascript files were updated and in their proper locations.
            Had to clear cache and re start server as well as recycle the pool (clearing history in browser too) between stabs, but it is all good now.

Upgrade Completed

EDIT- The "downladable font" error described above is still occurring.. It doesn't seem to have an actual effect on the site.

Veteran Member

Another thing I see myself doing sometimes on DNN 9+ upgrades is to delete the Resources file from the following folder to clear out any issues with the persona bar.  DNN will recreate it on the next page load.  

/DesktopModules/Admin/Dnn.PersonaBar/Resources/

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
              2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
              3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
              4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
              5. No Flaming or Trolling.
              6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
              7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
              8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved