DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Pricing for Evoq and features

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Advanced Member

Hi - 

I work for a County government website and have been using DNN (community version) for years to run our internet and intranet websites. Currently running DNN 9.9.1.

I'd like to find out how much it would coast to upgrade to Evoq, and what the benefit would be to doing so. 

I've asked a couple times here (https://www.dnnsoftware.c...dnn/request-pricing) but havent received a reply. 

Just want to find out in case I have the opportunity to do this in the future.

Thanks

Tom

Veteran Member

DNN is an open source product. Evoq is a commercial product built on top of DNN.

Unless you have a need for any additional features included with Evoq, I cannot think of a reason to upgrade. For most people, I can't think of any reason to upgrade. And, if the folks at DNN Corp. cannot provide that information ...

What, specifically, are you looking for?
      Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group

Veteran Member

Hi Tom,

In addition to what Joe said: I honestly do not know any reason why you would want to move to Evoq. In the past there were 2 reasons: extra features and enterprise support.

The extra features are workflow, a form builder, headless content and some gamification features (which was hot in 2012).
        If you buy Live HTML, Live Forms en Live Social and add that to your DNN, you have it all for a couple of hundred bucks. Which is less than 15.000 per year. The roadmap once driven by DNN Corp is now driven by the community.

If you are looking for enterprise support, there are many among us who offer that. And by doing so, you are not locked in but still using the open source versio.
        Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
        Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
        We just love DNN
        https://www.tjeps.com

Advanced Member

Thanks Joe and Tycho for your responses -
          Good to know - I was just looking to research the potential benefits if our organization upgraded to Evoq going forward.
          I thought that (depending on price) it might be worth it for us, if it provided better support, help with upgrades, or features that might benefit us, or anything that might save us time and help us with our DNN sites.

From your feedback, it doesn't look like it would be worth it for us. I very much appreciate your help.

-Tom

Veteran Member

You should ask them to take the cost of an Evoq license and, instead, add it to your salary.
            Joe Craig
            DNN MVP
            Patapsco Research Group

Veteran Member

Posted By Joe Craig on 29 Dec 2021 02:54 PM
              You should ask them to take the cost of an Evoq license and, instead, add it to your salary.

:-)

Michael Tobisch
              DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
              DNN Connect

Advanced Member

Great advice!!!!!  ;)

Really, the only features that Evoq can offer you (besides their "Prime" thing), is workflow, versioning, and granular permissions. However, most of those are nice-to-have features and are not really in-use in most cases I was ever a part of. That's including when I too worked for DNN Corp and since.

As the others have mentioned, you have a lot more options if you opt to get products and support from the community. :)

New Around Here

You're very much better off avoiding Evoq, in my opinion. We've been using it about 8 years, and now have numerous installs and sites. This year, DNN Corp nearly doubled the cost of our licenses. As a government agency, we have to stay within budgeted allotments, so I had to drop all our dev sites in order to afford just the production ones. We're going to use next fiscal year's license allotment to contract for support in migrating to the open source platform. I hope it's okay on this forum to say that I've been very pleased with the Mandeeps extensions (Live Content, Tabs, etc.), and will continue to use those (I have no personal investment in the company).

Veteran Member

Posted By Angela@CDFW on 06 May 2022 10:49 PM
                      You're very much better off avoiding Evoq, in my opinion. We've been using it about 8 years, and now have numerous installs and sites. This year, DNN Corp nearly doubled the cost of our licenses. As a government agency, we have to stay within budgeted allotments, so I had to drop all our dev sites in order to afford just the production ones. We're going to use next fiscal year's license allotment to contract for support in migrating to the open source platform. I hope it's okay on this forum to say that I've been very pleased with the Mandeeps extensions (Live Content, Tabs, etc.), and will continue to use those (I have no personal investment in the company).

I've had several customers doing the same thing. Raising prices is one thing but that steep...and it is not like the product or the support improves at the same rate. Wishing you the best converting to the platform. If you do not have liquid content and / or complicated workflows, thing should be able to be migrated smoothly. Mandeeps has several features that were Enterprise features in Evoq like content comparison or the gamification features. 

Tjep's digital agencyRegards,
                      Tycho de Waard

Tjep's digital agency
                      We just love DNN
                      https://www.tjeps.com
                      You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                      2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                      3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                      4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                      5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                      6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                      7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                      8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved