DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

CKEditor

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Growing Member

Is it okay to build a module using the onboard editor? assuming we are using CKEditor

If so which versions of the CKEditor comes with DNN?

Is it okay to use the CKEditor in Inline mode https://ckeditor.com/docs...s/inline-editor.html or https://ckeditor.com/docs...examples/inline.html

Veteran Member

To be "DNNish": you should use the HtmlEditor provider that is included in DNN to access CK Editor (or write an own provider, or better improve the existing one by adding needed functionality and starting a pull request). Then you have less problems with upgrades...

Happy DNNing!
      Michael

Michael Tobisch
      DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
      DNN Connect

Growing Member

Thank you for your reply,

I get your point. That's why I am inquiring on which version CKEditor DNN using and are all the CKEditor features accessable if we mofified or built our own provider, we'll be happy to build our provider or imrpove the existing one. 

Basically what we are looking to implement some of the inline editing features which allows a permitted user to edit content in place without opening any other windows, it also makes the content true WYSIWYG.

Veteran Member

Posted By Franc on 12 Jul 2022 11:54 AM

Thank you for your reply,

I get your point. That's why I am inquiring on which version CKEditor DNN using and are all the CKEditor features accessable if we mofified or built our own provider, we'll be happy to build our provider or imrpove the existing one. 

Basically what we are looking to implement some of the inline editing features which allows a permitted user to edit content in place without opening any other windows, it also makes the content true WYSIWYG.

The Default CKEditor provider currenlty uses CkEditor 4.
          Version 5 cannot be added to the DNN installpackage due to it's license being GPL, which does not match DNN's MIT license.

Growing Member

Thank you, that's what I was looking for CkEditor 4 can do what we need. 

Growing Member

Hi Tim,

Before I told my developer about the CKEditor being used on DNN I wanted to doublecheck, and I just installed the latest version of DNN 9.10.2 and I was looking into the HTML module and clicked "Custom Editor Options"  which it took me to the CKEditor Provider Settings, ther I clicked  CKEditor JavaScript API Documentation Page. and the documentation says CKEditor 3 JavaScript API Documentation  
              https://docs-old.ckeditor.com/ckeditor_api/symbols/CKEDITOR.config.html Is it probable the link is an old forgotten link and the editor is really Version 4?

If it is Version 3 Inline editing is not supported and we'll have to look into something like Froala.com

If you know please advise.

Veteran Member

Growing Member

Thank you again, I was almost disappointed. 

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
                  2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
                  3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
                  4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
                  5. No Flaming or Trolling.
                  6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
                  7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
                  8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved