DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Last most functional DNN version

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Growing Member

I installed the latest version of DNN 9.10.2 Verified Registration does not send the verification email. Verification does not work here.

Does anyone know which is the latest DNN version where Verified Registration works? 

Veteran Member

Hmmm. it should work, I did not experience any problems with DNN 9.10.2 concerning mail shipping.

Did you do a new (clean) install or an update?

If you did a new install: Are the SMTP settings correct (please doublecheck)?

If it is an update: I assume that it worked before. Did you do any changes on your SMTP server configuration?

In both cases: Can you send a test mail? If not: anything in the log files (also SMTP log files)?

Happy DNNing!
      Michael

Michael Tobisch
      DNN★MVP

dnnWerk Austria
      DNN Connect

Growing Member

this was a new install. the SMTP works fine, I can test and send mail with no issues. I just retested the SMTP and works fine.

Just the verification email is not being sent. I can change roles on a user and the user get advised of the change.

I tested verified registration with earlier versions I believe 9.1.1 and it works fine. Same SMTP.

So I was looking for a more up to date version and wait for the next.

The reason I need verified registration is because we are building an app that requires verification before we can generate a widget for their website.

Advanced Member

Franc, anything poping out from the admin or smtp logs? If there's an actual problem with the sending you should find more details about this in the logs.

The account that you have registered for SMTP it's a gmail account? I heard that Gmail doesn't allow trhid parties connections anymore with free gmail accounts.

I do recommend you to log this problem in GitHub here.

Ing. Marco Alvarado Gómez MSc | Globalode
          Phone. +506 6049-1880 | WhatsApp. +506 6049-1880 | Email. [email protected]
          Address. Costa Rica (A Pura Vida place!).

Growing Member

Marco, everything seems to work fine even the verified registration  the only issue is the verification email is never sent. I tested older DNN instances using the same SMTP and work fine. Is probably something simple but I am not a developer. No errors are logged and no warning are given.  I will log it on github

Thank you.

Growing Member

My apologies to everyone the issue was caused by the loose nut in front of the keyboard. Me. New DNN instancw and the scheduler was not turned on.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
              2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
              3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
              4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
              5. No Flaming or Trolling.
              6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
              7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
              8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved