DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Unable to Add New Module to Page

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

I am currently experiencing an issue where I am unable to add a new module to one of my pages.  The floating window to drag and drop the module onto the page never appears and the module is automatically added to the ContentPane.  

The culprit appears to be an error in the apply function in ModuleDialog.js due to the moduleManager parameter being undefined (exact error from DevTools below).  This is happening on the home page in the base culture (and others) of a secured site.  I am using the same Page Theme, Layout and Page Container on the home page for a different culture, but I am not receiving this error on that page.  I've removed all modules from the page in an attempt to see if one of those was causing the issue, but that did not fix it.  One curiosus thing is that the apply function is getting called anytime that page is loaded in Edit mode in the cultures experiencing the issue.  The culture that is working correctly does not call the apply function anytime that it is loaded it edit mode.  It only calls it when a module is added to the page.  I am also able to add modules to other pages in the culture which is having this problem on the home page. 

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'options')
        at dnn.dnnModuleDialog.apply (ModuleDialog.js?cdv=2608:53:41)
        at handleNewModuleFromCookie (ContentEditor.js?cdv=2608:330:30)

New Around Here

I've experience it couple of times.
      And it probably because of your DNN Theme, try change it to default DNN theme (Xcillion).
      That usually solve my issue, before I change it back to previous theme.
      Erwin
      awesome dnn

Veteran Member

As Erwin is suggesting, there's something on that page that is throwing a client-side error in JavaScript somewhere. The offending JS could be in the theme or in one of the modules on the page.

You can try first changing the theme to see if it helps... If it doesn't put it back, then remove any other modules on the page, one-by-one, testing between each.

Sometimes, creating a test page and building it one piece at a time to resemble the page with the issue will help you identify the cause without using the production page as a guinea pig. :)
        You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
        2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
        3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
        4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
        5. No Flaming or Trolling.
        6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
        7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
        8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved