DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Upgtrading from DNN 9.1.1 to DNN 9.3.2

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

Advanced Member

Hi -

Upgrading our sites from DNN 9.1.1 to 9.3.2 -

I'm aware that I need to upgrade to version 9.2.2 first, and then to 9.3.2.

I'm working on a test server using a copy of our production site, to test the process before dooing so on production.

From Will Strohl's post on another thread (thanks Will), steps to upgrade from 9.1.1 to 9.2.2 are:

1. Install security patches (there are two)

2. Potentially upgrade third-party extensions

3. Update any custom extensions to be compatible with DNN 9.2+

4. Upgrade DNN from 9.1.1 to 9.2.2

Here are my questions:

I have 'DNN Security Hotfix 1' installed (when I click it in the Mange menu, I get a "You are patched" message). I seem to remember installing at leaset one other security patch before this one. How can I tell whether or not I have both correct patches  installed?

I've upgraded third party extensions. There is one custom module on the site. What do I need to know about making it compatible with DNN 9.2+ ?

Thanks,

Tom

Veteran Member

When you compile the custom module do you get any warnings about deprecated calls? If not, you are ok and don't have to modify it.  If so, edit the code to replace the deprecated calls with the recommended replacements.

Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group

Advanced Member

Thanks Joe! I'll take a look at it.

Tom

Advanced Member

Hi again -
          I understand that before upgrading from DNN 9.1.1 to 9.2.2, it's a good idea to uninstall all modules which aren't in use, and upgrade all modules which are in use. I'm in the process of going through all modules.

Is there any information out there about which modules are going to cause problems?
          Will the newer version(s) of DNN replace the core modules which have been uninstalled with newer versions?

Thanks for any info you might be able to provide.

-Tom

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
          2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
          3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
          4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
          5. No Flaming or Trolling.
          6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
          7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
          8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved