DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Fresh Install of 9.4.3 Fails

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Hi all.

I've download 9.4.3 and had no issues with unzipping.
    I believe all the steps listed in the documentaion were followed.
    I get the below message.  
    I do see a zip file Dnn.EditBar.UI_09.04.03_Install.zip in the ~\Install\Module folder.

What did I do wrong or missed doing?  What extra information can I give to pin point the issue?

Zyxian

Stack Trace: 

[FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Dnn.EditBar.UI' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.]
       System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMarkHandle stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName, ObjectHandleOnStack type) +0
       System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName) +96
       System.Type.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) +65
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) +62
       System.Web.Configuration.ConfigUtil.GetType(String typeName, String propertyName, ConfigurationElement configElement, XmlNode node, Boolean checkAptcaBit, Boolean ignoreCase) +50

[ConfigurationErrorsException: Could not load file or assembly 'Dnn.EditBar.UI' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.]
       System.Web.Configuration.ConfigUtil.GetType(String typeName, String propertyName, ConfigurationElement configElement, XmlNode node, Boolean checkAptcaBit, Boolean ignoreCase) +572
       System.Web.Configuration.ConfigUtil.GetType(String typeName, String propertyName, ConfigurationElement configElement, Boolean checkAptcaBit) +31
       System.Web.Configuration.Common.ModulesEntry.SecureGetType(String typeName, String propertyName, ConfigurationElement configElement) +59
       System.Web.Configuration.Common.ModulesEntry..ctor(String name, String typeName, String propertyName, ConfigurationElement configElement) +59
       System.Web.HttpApplication.BuildIntegratedModuleCollection(List`1 moduleList) +221
       System.Web.HttpApplication.GetModuleCollection(IntPtr appContext) +1103
       System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +122
       System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +173
       System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +255
       System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +347

[HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load file or assembly 'Dnn.EditBar.UI' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.]
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +552
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +122
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +737

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.8.3928.0

Advanced Member

Did you unblock the zip before unzipping?
      Mariette Knap
      Microsoft MVP Alumni

New Around Here

Thank you Mariette for the reply.
        There was no option to unblock it. (I don't know how to upload an image of the properties box to show that).
        I had downloaded the zip file to my pc and then transferred it to the server. Could that have removed the Unblock option?
        Since it gave no messages when I unzipped it on the server, would it being blocked stop it from unzipping the zipped files in the ~\Install\Module folder?
        Do I need to unzip those files manually? I tried to find in any of the .cs files located in the Install folder where it would unzip them.

Zyxian

New Around Here

Well I got it working.
          Per the readme.txt file in the documentation folder, I had edited the web.config file with the SQL information.
          I am assuming that information made DNN think that the install had already been done and expected the files to be unzipped.
          I found this out by redownloading the zip file to my PC and there was the option to unblock. I didn't bother to look the first time and it was not there after I moved it to the server (I checked when I got the failure). I chose unblock this time and moved it over, unzipped it but forgot to enter the SQL server info into the web.config file and the install wizard came up. I stopped the install and added the SQL info into the web.config file and got the same message. So I don't know if the first unzipping (no box to Unblock) would have worked with the original web.config file.
          In any case, the readme.txt file saying to edit the web.config file with the SQL info is what caused my issue.

Zyxian

Veteran Member

Ok thanks for posting you solution. I'll log an issue for the readme.txt to be corrected.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
            2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
            3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
            4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
            5. No Flaming or Trolling.
            6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
            7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
            8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved