DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Dnn password reset error

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Growing Member

I have beeen having a similar problem. Some gmail accounts receive the reset email and others do not. Non gmail accounts don't seem to have any problem receiving the password reset email.

I have now discovered that those that do receive the email have their email address as their username. Those that do not receive the email have a username of something other than their email address.

I wonder if others have a similar experiance?

Veteran Member

For anyone experiencing this issue, I'd suggest looking into your SPF and DMARC settings.  Be sure that this all exists and that the values are consistent and correct.  

I'd also suggest that you avoid using any SMTP relay that connects directly to generic providers like Gmail & Outlook.  This is because when issues occur, you have no way to know what it is and how to fix it. 

If you use an actual dedicated SMTP relay provider (e.g., SendGrid, Mailgun, Postmark, etc.), you'll have tools to not only securely send emails, but you'll have a ton of other tools to further secure the connection/communication and reports/tools to troubleshoot any issues that arise.  

As an example, whenever this happens, I can look into SendGrid and search for the email and/or recipient to determine what happened.  I'll know if the email even made it that far, and if it did, what the result was.  

Advanced Member

I've a couple of clients that recently received a Google's notification about Gmail and they suggested to make sure my client's domain has SPF, DKIM and DMARC records to avoid email reception problems; I guess you could make sure your domain has these three records configured correctly.

Ing. Marco Alvarado Gómez MSc | Globalode
        Phone. +506 6049-1880 | WhatsApp. +506 6049-1880 | Email. [email protected]
        Address. Costa Rica (A Pura Vida place!).
        You are not authorized to post a reply.
        Page 2 of 2 << < 12

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
        2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
        3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
        4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
        5. No Flaming or Trolling.
        6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
        7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
        8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved