DNN Forums

Ask questions about your website to get help learning DNN and help resolve issues.

Module/PersonaBar Page Load Exceptions After Upgrade

Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.

New Around Here

Hello all, I'm in a bit of a catch-22: DNN tech support doesn't provide support for third-party vendors and the vendor indicates it is unrelated to their products.   So thanks in advance for your help. 

I've been steadily updating our version of DNN from 8.4.1 up to 9.6.4 (Evoq Content). Up through 9.1.1, Mandeeps Live Accordion/Tabs were working fine.   By 9.6.1, I would get page load exceptions/critical errors when clicking on "Manage" or "Settings" in their products, or clicking the "Activate License" link.  Here's the stack trace:

InnerMessage:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

InnerStackTrace:

at DotNetNuke.Web.Client.ClientResourceManagement.ClientResourceManager.RegisterStyleSheet(Page page, String filePath, Int32 priority, String provider, String name, String version)
       at DotNetNuke.Web.Client.ClientResourceManagement.ClientResourceManager.RegisterStyleSheet(Page page, String filePath)
       at Evoq.PersonaBar.UI.Controllers.EvoqPersonaBarContainer.Initialize(UserControl personaBarControl)
       at Dnn.PersonaBar.UI.UserControls.PersonaBarContainer.OnInit(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index)
       at DotNetNuke.UI.Skins.Skin.InjectControlPanel()
       at DotNetNuke.UI.Skins.Skin.OnInit(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index)
       at DotNetNuke.Framework.DefaultPage.OnInit(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

HTML-Pro and other modules seem to work fine, I have DNN Evoq Content upgraded to 9.6.4, all Mandeeps extensions and libraries are updated, and I was testing on an otherwise blank page with just the Xcillion skin applied, so I'm at a loss.

This is the only remaining roadblock for our installation, so thanks in advance for pointing me in the right direction.

Heather

Veteran Member

I would certainly contact Mandeeps' tech support about this. They are usually helpful, but you might have to wait a day or so. I think that most of their support team is in a very different time zone though, on occasion, I have gotten replies from Mandeep himself.
      Joe Craig
      DNN MVP
      Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

Joe,

Thanks for the recommendation and apologies for the late reply.  Yes, I had previously contacted Mandeeps and they had let me know that since the stack trace does not reference their product then it is most likely not the cause of the error.  

I am continuing to troubleshoot the issue. If I can find a way to replicate it outside of a third-party module, I will be able to enter a support ticket with DNN. 

Thanks again, and I will let you all know if and when I'm successful :)

Heather

Veteran Member

Is this a problem only with the Mandeeps module? If so, I would point that out to Mandeeps' support.  Maybe ask them to take a look at your site and at least verify the problem.

Joe Craig
          DNN MVP
          Patapsco Research Group

New Around Here

There was one other vendor's product that initially did the same thing after I upgraded, but when I applied its latest update, the problem went away. I mentioned that in my support ticket.

At this point, the two Mandeeps modules we have licensed are the only way I can replicate this issue, but I do accept what they're saying about it not being caused by their product.  The stack trace references the Persona Bar only.

I feel like since nobody else here has run into this issue and it didn't come up in any internet searches that it must be specific to our test environment.  There are a few things I'm trying now just to eliminate them from the list  (IT needed to apply a few cumulative .NET updates on the server, there is the known issue after upgrading to V9 where changing the default skin in Manage>Themes doesn't change any of the existing pages, and it's possible there is something blocking certain scripts from running.

Crossing fingers it's something simple like that!

New Around Here

Good morning Joe,

After performing the maintenance I mentioned in my previous reply, the problem is solved!!!!

For anyone else who may come across this issue in the future when upgrading to version 9, make sure all server updates have been performed and that you have accounted for the existing page theme issue. Here is the link:
              https://dnnsupport.dnnsof...e-for-Existing-Pages

See you all at the Summit in a few weeks,

Heather
              You are not authorized to post a reply.

These Forums are dedicated to the discussion of DNN Platform.

For the benefit of the community and to protect the integrity of the ecosystem, please observe the following posting guidelines:

1. If you have (suspected) security issues, please DO NOT post them in the forums but instead follow the official DNN security policy
              2. No Advertising. This includes the promotion of commercial and non-commercial products or services which are not directly related to DNN.
              3. No vendor trolling / poaching. If someone posts about a vendor issue, allow the vendor or other customers to respond. Any post that looks like trolling / poaching will be removed.
              4. Discussion or promotion of DNN Platform product releases under a different brand name are strictly prohibited.
              5. No Flaming or Trolling.
              6. No Profanity, Racism, or Prejudice.
              7. Site Moderators have the final word on approving / removing a thread or post or comment.
              8. English language posting only, please.

Would you like to help us?

Awesome! Simply post in the forums using the link below and we'll get you started.

Get Involved